*** HELP *** 2000 Blaster Front Disc Brake Conversion Kit ?????

2000blasterman

Nov 16, 2009
Kentucky
www.myspace.com
Am in BAD need of some front brake's i have drum brakes now and anyone who ride's a blaster knows how bad they suck's. Am wanting to do a Hydraulic Disk Break set up for the front like to find a kit but will do peace by peace if its cheaper.. (2000 Yamaha Blaster).. IF ANYONE HAS ANY HELP AT ALL OR KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT THIS TOPIC PLEASE PLEASE HIT ME UP...

I know what you mean about the drum brakes , I hunted ebay for over 3 months to find the parts to piece them together , then recently I found a listing for the complete set , snagged it up for 170.00 including shipping . I priced out the parts from yamaha , and my heart almost stopped .

awks way is a great way to do it. (dont remember exactly what he has) another good way is to buy ext arms that dont use the pinchbolt and use the (a arm) shee spindles. you can also use the shee rear brake setup too....which is good becasue the a arm shees use teh same caliper and brake pads for front and rear.....

burgard uses teh non pinchbolt style ball joints.

nice thing about those norman420 spindles is they are direct bolt on, and you arent limited to different a arms when buying extended arms, if thats what you so choose....

good write up awk. had to review your setup...norman420 does do very nice work....

you can do it like rockstar said or you can get a set of non pinch bolt a arms and a front set up off a shee and just ream out and drill and tap 2 holes for set screws in the upper ball joint mount. thats what i did it worked great, it all comes down to what you want to do and how much work you want to put in to it.

raptor 250 a-arms
raptor 660 aluminum spindles and front brakes
250r brake lever

*almost* a bolt on process. i need to put some pics up of it. im suprised its not the most popular conversion.

they go for crazy money for a complete bolt on setup on ebay.I prefer my drums,i took my setup off media blasted and painted them,goin to put them on ebay to fund my total rebuild.Unless someone wanted to buy them for what i am asking.

raptor 250 a-arms
raptor 660 aluminum spindles and front brakes
250r brake lever

*almost* a bolt on process. i need to put some pics up of it. im suprised its not the most popular conversion.

Please do! I am still running drums.
Any advantages for forward or width movement? Shocks? Travel?

Steve

as far as I know, this is still the most economical "direct bolt on" swap, i did both my blasters for under $200 each............

norman420 spindles by KOR:
http://www.blasterforum.com/advertising-22/hydro-front-spindles-48783/

then you'll need hubs and hydro parts like these...........

banshee hubs/discs:
1995 YAMAHA BANSHEE 350 YFZ FRONT WHEEL HUBS HUB & BRAKE ROTOR LH RH | eBay

tons of inexpensive hydro calipers/lines/lever available:
(some will need the steel lines shortened or replaced with a few $ line from any auto parts store)

Yamaha Banshee compete Front Brakes!!! With Lines And calipers!! | eBay

#5 2001 Yamaha Raptor 660 Front Master Cylinder With Lines And Calipers Works | eBay

2001 01 Raptor YFM 660 YFM660 Front Brake Assembly Master Calipers Lines & Lever | eBay

good luck finding rappy 250 a-arms for that price

Last edited by a moderator:
Just buy the conversion spindles from KOR and bolt on Warrior or Banshee front brakes. I have the conversion spindles on mine and love them.

Check this out bud,bolt on ready to go,brand spankin new wheel bearings and pads are 80%.Moose racing lever,doesnt need rebuilding.200 bux shipped,goin on ebay noon sunday.they gotta go i need funds for my rebuilt motor.I like the forgiveness of the drums i didn't like the locking up front brakes,scary when going downhill in 4th gear.No cracked brake lines and torn seals either.
S6300047.jpg