Heel guards/plates

Craigers

Jun 29, 2011
St. Louis, MO
I have an 89 blaster, I bought the heel guards(Plastic) and the metal plates, off ebay, I was told that they would work for an 89 blaster, but on my frame there is no where to bolt them to. Did the 89 blaster come with heel guards originally? Any help is appreciated.

No sir, The first year for them was 90. I too have an 89 and had to weld a mount on for them to work not hard to do!

if welding isnt an option for you, you could also go to any home depot/lowes, or electrical supply store and get whats called a 1/2" stand-off strap for conduit, put it over the frame with the bolt holes facing down, and around the top of the metal heelgaurd bolt hole, then bolt thru all

looks like this............
314askk.jpg

or get some thin steel and fashion your own

if welding isnt an option for you, you could also go to any home depot/lowes, or electrical supply store and get whats called a 1/2" stand-off strap for conduit, put it over the frame with the bolt holes facing down, and around the top of the metal heelgaurd bolt hole, then bolt thru all

looks like this............
314askk.jpg

or get some thin steel and fashion your own

Awesome suggestion you dirty ole man!

I did notice on my 89 blaster, that the foot pegs are smaller. The person i got them from on ebay, sent the foot pegs. I hope these bolt right on to the exsisting holes.

yes, we overlooked that above, the 88/89's do have smaller footpegs, and they do not have the proper holes to mount the floorboards
but if they came with pegs, they will bolt right on, the holes in the frame are the same
pics will be required !!!!!!!!

sweet craigers !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
only other suggestion i can see, now that you have them on the bike, i see some extra space on the top, if that starts squishing down from the pressure applied to the floorboard (jumping/kickstarting it) ????
i'd throw a short hex head bolt in there, up thru and locking type nut from the top, the head of the bolt riding on the frame should keep them in place/shape ????
a ride report will be required !!!!!

lmao this is funny, i did the EXACT same thing when i first got mine, good job getting it figured out, i just went the welding route

lmao this is funny, i did the EXACT same thing when i first got mine, good job getting it figured out, i just went the welding route

i knew that i had seen this somewhere before, as well as hanging a master cylinder from them clamps
that was by no means an original idea of mine, just good memory for my age

i knew that i had seen this somewhere before, as well as hanging a master cylinder from them clamps
that was by no means an original idea of mine, just good memory for my age

oh i didnt mean the clamp idea, i meant ordering the heel guards then getting them and being like wtf??? lol, i think i ghetto wired mine on untill they got welded hahaha :eek::eek:

only other suggestion i can see, now that you have them on the bike, i see some extra space on the top, if that starts squishing down from the pressure applied to the floorboard (jumping/kickstarting it) ????
i'd throw a short hex head bolt in there, up thru and locking type nut from the top, the head of the bolt riding on the frame should keep them in place/shape ????
Ride report will be given this weekend. My friend and I are going riding at Flat River on Saturday. I'm so ready to unleash!!!I:I

Well the heel guards held up perfectly, they didn't even budge an inch. It was a good ride, until my blaster died and I realized I had no gas. LOL. Thank god for the reserve.

What is the plastic part called? I can find the metal floor boards but have looked everywhere for the plastic