Head stud torque?

Whitty21

Apr 15, 2010
Small town, ON, Canada
i hit up the search button but could't find an answer, seems like i have asked a million questions in the last week, good thing ken is a awesome dude. So what is the torque, i looked on the blaster manual on here and it said thaqt the torque for a 10mm bolt is 22lbs, does this sound right? Also, i am doing all of this to put ken's redesigned head on, should i do heat cycles and easy riding with it like a typical break-in or is it set to go?

that number sounds about right... if its a new piston, id recommend a break in process (which has been posted here before)

after proper break in, be sure to re torque all hardware (head, jug, etc.)

Ok I found my thread I was told to do the base nuts at 18 and the head at 20 if you want to see my thread go to my profile and go to statistics and go to my threads and its on the first page as "tourquing the head" hope this helps

Reactions: Whitty21
just like a car tire. in a star pattern. tighten one then the one thats opposite of it and so on until you get all 6 tight, then torque them in a star pattern. be careful not to overtighten them. i overtightened mine cause i didnt have a torque wrench, and i pulled two of my head studs

Reactions: Whitty21
ya.. criss cross your tightening pattern... and slowly tighten them all at once.. dont tighten one all the way and move on to the next.

Sounds right, like you would for lug nut (six of them). And if you aren't pulling the jug then just torque, wait 15 min and torque again, run it for a while to full temp, let cool, torque again. Should be good to go.