Getting an FMF Power Core 2 Exhaust And Fatty Pipe.

SalM

Aug 1, 2011
Hey guys, is this a good deal And FMF Power Core 2 Silencer, full pipe and a silencer fatty chamber all for $80. The guy says it fits all Blasters, I'm assuming I shouldn't run into any issues during installation should I? Thanks!

Here are 2 pictures of what I'm buying.

xl657l.jpg

mSTZ3l.jpg

Last edited:
Heck yea grab it. All ya gotta do it take some metal polish to it and make her look pretty again and it'will look like ya paid 3 times as much dude.

My cousin has polish so were going to polish our fatty pipes together (No hom0) loll.

But do I have to rejet for an exhaust? And dont mind the noob question but what does rejetting do?

And where can I get the silencer repacked?

yea you do have to rejet for new exhaust. rejetting as i understand (but guys correct me if im wrong) just controls the amount of gas that goes to your cylinder and with more air flow you need more gas. you dont have to go anywhere to get the silencer repacked. you just have to unscrew your screws that hold it together. the part inside that looks like a pipe that someone went apeshit and drilled till it was like swiss cheese is your core. pull it apart so that the inside core comes out and there should be a fiberglass wrap around the core or stuck inside of the silencer housing. clean it out. use a wire brush and clean your core. you can get the fiberglass wrap from your local or closest motosports dealer and it should only be like 7 or 8 bucks but dealers screw you and put a pretty price tag on everything so it could be alot more. anyway when you get the wrap rewrap your core until its about as big as the silencer housing and work the core and wrapping back in there. most people use masking tape to hold the wraping down while they shove it back in there. put your screws back in and your good to bolt it back upI:I

You nailed it pretty much ^!

I have vids on how to change your main and pilot jet in the link in my signature if you are unsure. Very simple to do.

Not sure if youll have to touch the pilot for that exhaust, but Ill bet you will have to richen the needle a setting or 2. And the main definately has to go up a few sizes.

Stock is a 230 main. For an FMF youre looking at a 260-280 depending on where you live. Of course dont take my word as gospel, jet by feel and sound and what the plug looks like. Too rich will sputter and hesitate at WOT. Too lean will bog down and sound kind of hollow. If youre TOO lean, youll also get detonation which sounds like hammers hitting the inside of your jug.

Where Can I get my carb Jetted? Or how can I do it myself? are there any vids or DIY's?

awesome i just wanted to make sure i told him the right instead of wrong.yea theres alot of vids on youtube...i think jlsparky7 has one. just get a jet kit so you have the jets you need

where do you live, at what elevation?
do you pre-mix or do you have the oil injection system?

If you have the oil injection system throw a 250 jet in the main, see how it goes. if the revs keep going after you let off the throttle you need to raise the needle clip one position at a time.

I would guess you're going to need to raise the needle one position and put a 240 or 250 jet in there.

With the oil injection you could get away with not touchign the carb but you wont' get the full benefits of the FMF....no use in even installing it if you don't rejet!

Alright! Sounds good, But now the thing is where can I buy the jets? I've been looking all over but only seem to be finding stock jets and I found FMF jets but they were $80!! And I saw Jlsparky7's video very helpful I could do it just where am I going to find the jets is what I need help with.

Jets like dennis kirk.com or kehlin .com they charge pretty cheaply no more than $20 shipping included depending on what you need specificly for your carb but not to high considering you got an FMF like 1 mabey 2 sizes up from where your at if it runs crappy. Not a big deal with a little research and a question or 2 were here if ya need us.

Thanks so much for the help guys and that link really helped, now the only thing I need help is with, how do I know where to put the needle etc things like that. Any body have a specific video and or pictures? because I really dont want to mess this up and have my quad running poorly because now all stock it runs like a charm.