Getting an FMF Power Core 2 Exhaust And Fatty Pipe.

Alright! Sounds good, But now the thing is where can I buy the jets? I've been looking all over but only seem to be finding stock jets and I found FMF jets but they were $80!! And I saw Jlsparky7's video very helpful I could do it just where am I going to find the jets is what I need help with.

You still didn't say where you live and at what elevation!!!!!!!!!!

Don't waste your money on a 'jet kit' just go to the dealership or any motorcycle shop and pick them up there....they're like 2-3 bucks each and DEPENDING ON WHERE YOU LIVE AND YOUR MODS you really only need like 4 or 5 jets. We can't help you if you don't tell us where you live and at what elevation!!!! Or you could just waste your money on every jet size available and play trial and error....your choice.

The main jet is the hex thing in the center bottom of the carb that will be sticking down low when you pull the float bowl off of the carb.

The needle is the thing that sticks down in the center of the slide...you'll see it when you pull the cap off of the carb.

If you only change one thing at a time you can't f*ck anything up....if you make a change and things get worse, just change it back. If you change more than one thing at a time it is harder to go back to square one.

OK, so you'll basically jet just like me.

Go buy like 260 through 320 main jets. You could get the size 35 pilot but it won't be a big deal if you don't....it will just affect how many turns out the pilot screw is.

To re-confirm, you've got FMF pipe and silencer, pre-mixing (or are you?? with the oil injection you'll go down one or two sizes from what I'm going to say), no airbox cover, and that's it. IF this is not the case what I'm telling you will be off by a bit so let me know.

So, first put the gas to off, pull the gas line off the carb and push a golf tee into the line to keep it from dripping. Then you just loosen the boots on the carb (loosen them almost all the way), twist it and pull it out of there. It's kinda tricky with the stupid TORS thing on the top. Have some clean rags/towels handy and a small dish to pour so gas in. unscrew the top and pull out the slide, the needle will be in the center. Compress the spring and unhook the cable from the slide (don't lose the big spring or the gasket for the cap). With the slide assembly removed, unscrew the two screws on the top of the slide and the part that the cable attaches to will come off. Watch for small loose parts!! Now the needle will come out if you just turn the slide over. There should be white delrin (or some type of plastic) washer(s) too. Note the location of the washers and put it back the same way (I've seen them above and below the clip...not sure where it's supposed to be, I usually put it above, sometimes there are two...just keep it the way it was. There are a bunch of grooves in the needle and the clip should be in the middle groove. Pop the clip out and put it down one position form the middle. lowering the clip raises the needle. You may need to raise it two positions but do only one for now....it's going to need to move up at least one position (clip moved down, needle moved up) maybe two. Start with just one. Now put it all back together like it came apart, and don't forget the washer or washers. That's how you adjust the needle, it's easy, the hardest part is removing the cab with the stupid tors on it.

Now for the main, turn the carb upside down and unscrew the 4 screws on the corner. Watch out, gas is going to come out of the float bowl and you should have a small dish (I always use those dishes they give you potato salad in at the deli). With the four screws removed, pull the float bowl off. Looking at the bottom of the carb you'll see in the center a brass hex protruding with a plastic thingy surrounding it. Unscrew that brass hex, this is the main jet. Very simple. If it's stock you will see 230 stamped either on the bottom or the side of it.

If you pre-mix, start with a 290 jet. If you have injection start with 280. Put it all back together.

Start with a fresh new plug, fresh 93 gas, and a clean air filter. Turn the screw on the side of the carb until it seats lightly (don't crank on it) and back it out 1.5 turns. Start the bike. Play with this screw and the idle adjustment under the seat until you get a good idle. Ride it around and see how it feels. If, after you rev it up high and then let off the motor kinda keeps going on it's own a little bit and sputters (called dieseling...you'll know it when you feel it) then you need to richen up the mid range by raising the needle (put the clip down one position).

If the throttle response sucks and it takes a while for it to rev out to the top, go down a size on the main jet.

If it's running well, get to place where you can go fast, rev it out in like 3 to 6th gear and with the throttle pinned, cut the motor. Pull the plug and look at it. If it's while, you're lean. If it's mocha colored, you're good. If it's wet and black, it's rich.