gas

F

fordman666

im new to this whole thing and i have a 240 kit, stroker crank +3mm, an oil block off kit and fmf exhaust. I was woundering what kind of octaine gas i should run and what is a good brand name of oil i should run. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

I Think Mid Grade Maybe?

And Castor 927 Is Great

DirtyBlaster: 106+ ?! OMG!

did u not read what he said? a 240 kit requires that high of an octane because if u run unleaded and still do not have enough octane it will pre detonate so u will need something thats at least 106

you have to check your compression and timing and port work to determine what octane you should run. it really depends on the heat your generating and the pressure your making. you may be able to get away with just like a mix of race and pump gas. and just run a good syntetic.

did u not read what he said? a 240 kit requires that high of an octane because if u run unleaded and still do not have enough octane it will pre detonate so u will need something thats at least 106

I doubt you would need 106 octane. My 08 yzf250 only needs 95 and that has a 13.5:1 compression ratio.