Full Rebuild on budget;)

strokeddemon

Sep 12, 2013
manquin,va
Picked this bike up running for $200 but had a hole in the right case. Original bottom end is bad and the guy didn't use gaskets just silicone not to mention he just put a brand new cylinder on and put the pins in wrong. Piston was damaged in the process. Bike is for my gf to ride since she has fussed ever since i put the override in my drag bike;) . She wants all black with white plastics. Bike will be stripped and rebuilt on a budget.
0719141948.jpg
0719141948a.jpg
0719141948c.jpg
0720141245a.jpg

Attachments

• 0719141948b.jpg
    0719141948b.jpg
    566 KB · Views: 309
Will be using a lot of the parts I've accumulated lol so far i will need all new bearings and seals, all gaskets, fresh 66mm piston, and the head cut since i will be using my spare 4 mil. I'm doing my own porting to save money plus to get some more practice. Will be needing a good pipe since all i have is the stock header. Also newer spindles so i can use my old hydraulic setup. So far I've got everything stripped and frame has been sanded and painted. Trying to give all these parts a bath before paint. Pics to come this weekend:) Trenched cases are ready
0616141931.jpg

Just got a good deal on a carb:) trading a stock cylinder that needs a bore with the head for a 38mm keihin. Any tips on manifold choice and fitment?? I know upp racing makes a 35 and I've heard snyder stopped making the 38

You are going with a stock cylinder or a 240? I would think 240 with the larger carb ? High rpm range i would assume? If so i would say an f7/ct/powerpros, or a fat bastard if you cand find any of the few.

Stock cylinder, it is on a budget afterall. Would love to find another dyno port. Best exhaust I've ever had besides my shearer oof. Gonna need a manifold to fit the 38 into but can't come across anything. Hoping to have a roller by the end of the weekend:)

Reactions: motoman159
Stock cylinder, it is on a budget afterall. Would love to find another dyno port. Best exhaust I've ever had besides my shearer oof. Gonna need a manifold to fit the 38 into but can't come across anything. Hoping to have a roller by the end of the weekend:)
Don't worry the dynoport is getting put to good use. On my way to my cabin in WV to tear sh*t up for 2 weeks

I know i seen it after being polished. Great job btw! Want to find another or try out a new pipe altogether. Still trying to keep this project cheap though lol

Decided to throw some freshly painted parts on and also get an idea of what the bike would look like. Also yeah i can't work on my stuff in a shed or in a garage, i build my stuff on the back porch and in the back yard lol
0725141931a.jpg

Exhaust so far, man this cylinder is taking forever with a battery powered dremmel. Have transfers cleaned up but i believe i made the intake way too big. Learning process i guess
0726141756.jpg

0726141752-jpg.11184

Attachments

• 0726141752.jpg
    0726141752.jpg
    395.3 KB · Views: 762
Yeah I'm thinkin the same thing. Think I'm gonna get denny to port my spare cylinder and cut the head for my 4 mil to run on pump gas. Might get the flywheel lightened as well and get ken to do my shift star.
0727141336a.jpg

Still waiting on transmission bearings. Can't wait! Meanwhile i got my flotek aggressive trail ported stock cylinder:) can't wait to custom order gaskets from cometic. Got a new shift shaft and waiting on shift star mod and lightened flywheel. Just need a dyno port or power pros pipe and a 35mm manifold