30 years later, another Blaster

If you don't have a press, sometimes it's easier to leave carrier bolted in so it's secured and not moving around.maybe some wood and a big enough hammer.probaly been on a long time

If you don't have a press, sometimes it's easier to leave carrier bolted in so it's secured and not moving around.maybe some wood and a big enough hammer.probaly been on a long time

More heat !!! I wouldn’t go red hot, but pretty toasty, then cool with ice water, repeat. To much heat might soften the axle.Could try making a puller.

have a warrior that the hub wouldn’t budge with 15 ton press. I ended up splitting with abrasive blade then reweld

Reactions: Slydog
Did my niece's warrior recently had to heat it .wraped wet towel around axle so axle doesn't get to hot.

Well guys, totally messed this up. Took it up to the 20 ton press, heated the sprocket hub and started pressing. Bent the sprocket hub, and ruined the axle, the press compressed the threads on the end of the axle to the point that the wheel hub retainer nut will not come off, sprocket hub still didn't budge. So it looks like the only thing salvageable from all this is the carrier, and that's assuming I can still get the sprocket hub off somehow. So I destroyed a perfectly functioning rear end, awesome.

Try grinding a taper on the mushroomed area .then you should be able to get the nut off.unless tou really flatened it out.that way you can save your axle.split the hub without hitting the splines if the axle is salvageable.got some pics

Well it compressed it to the point that the hole for the cotter pin is no longer there! I guess I should have cut a piece of pipe to go over the threads and rest against the collar of the axle, really thought with the press it would have popped right off.

Well guys, finally got the sprocket hub off last night, cut it into and still took everything the 20 ton press had to get it off. When it finally let loose the bottle jack came out of the top of the press and went flying right past my head. Only thing salvageable was the carrier. Oh well. Time to get the rest of the bike stripped down, not far away at this point and time to clean, do a little welding, sand and paint. Build thread coming soon, hopefully.

What it popped all at once?at least yoy didn't get hurt.i use a air over hydraulic setup.10ft hose . just step on the pedal. That way your not right Near the work piece.