Full Build

Got Bleed Screws For Calipers :D got them from my local car shop for £2/$4. handlebars aren't here yet. also still waiting on grips and grip glue.

job didn't turn out as the employer wanted someone abit closer to them. so still hunting :D

brakes seem promising now! :D thanks to AWK figured out how to get new pads in :) one of the pistons went back easy (without brake resi lid of or the bleed screws.) so hopefully once im ready to do brakes the other piston will move!

Might Have A job! my aunties husband works at a place called Brand Rex they deal with cables (soldering them etc.) and there is jobs available. she is getting me a form and im filling it in tomorrow. if i get it il have a fully modified blaster within a couple of months as i will be working 5 days a week(monday to friday) and 8 hours each day. and i get £1000/$1600 a month. :D

Last edited:
well decided to start on the working caliper. got pads in to see if they fit.

Picture of new pads.

hf007_zpscfeca38f.jpg

Picture of Old ones LOL

hf008_zpsef7b0c9e.jpg

Picture of brake lid fitted.

hf005_zps9943806a.jpg

how quads sit until my handlebars arrive.

hf006_zps6ecdecd1.jpg

On stuck piston might have to pull line and blow it out with air. This is only if you can't get it to push in with a clamp, only problem is the brakes can be a biotch to bleed.

On stuck piston might have to pull line and blow it out with air. This is only if you can't get it to push in with a clamp, only problem is the brakes can be a biotch to bleed.

yeah mate gona do that :) don't worry the brake container has been run dry so im gonna need to bleed them to full haha. il get the rebuild kits ordered tonight :D whats the best thing to use to clean the calipers (inside and outside to make them look better.)

got handlebars on but the bar pad is being a biotch so just gonna put my renthal crossbar on and buy another pad as not sure if i like it anyway with the pad where the handlebars clamps on.

handle001_zpse8ea4015.jpg

handle002_zps73a84d9c.jpg

handle003_zps35b18afe.jpg

handle004_zps99cb68d9.jpg

lookin good, them bars match your graphics/colors well !!!

lookin good, them bars match your graphics/colors well !!!

thanks man :) getting there!lol applying for a job today or next week depending when i get a form , and if i get it il be earning £1000/$1600 a month so nice money to spend :D got my pad on in the end. had to trim it abit though as the velcro straps were to wide to go between the steering stem and the clamps.

well turns out my caliper that i thought was seized was fine. for some reason i used a bigger screwdriver againest it with a old brake pad and it wouldn't move. tried a thinner screwdriver and got it moving in 2 seconds lol squirted a lot of fluid out though! gonna dismantle them and clean and rebuild them! anyone know what i can let them soak in to clean dirty off from inside and outside

Don't know of anything to soak them. As long as you still have hose and bleeder on dish soap and water will work with a brush. Make sure they are dry before removing line or bleeder. Final clean-up just use brake clean.

Don't know of anything to soak them. As long as you still have hose and bleeder on dish soap and water will work with a brush. Make sure they are dry before removing line or bleeder. Final clean-up just use brake clean.

thanks :) gonna head down to shop on tuesday and see if they have the parts i need. bidding on a cheap kit on ebay but still need another one but if i get them from shop save me waiting on them coming from the us. but just got to order my rims and tires on tuesday and do brakes and il get out! gonna leave it for abit as might have a job and the money i earn il be able to buy another blaster with all the mods.