Frame scuff gaurds!

Blaner

Your Friendly South African Ambassador
Mar 26, 2008
East London, South Africa
Hey! i got tired of my boots chowing through my paint on my frame, i even ate through duct tape over the paint as well as the paint underneath on one ride! it seems to be a flaw on the blasters design, the yfz450 for eg has the plastics cover the frame.

IMG_0782.jpg

So, i made these quick quick... agreed, they could be a bit neater etc but i just wanted a quick fix, i may redo them to get a better fit at some time but they working!

IMG_0773.jpg

IMG_0775.jpg

IMG_0776.jpg

IMG_0779.jpg

IMG_0780.jpg

I made these little goodies out of flat aluminiun plate, i bent it around a bar of the same diameter as the frame tube.
IMG_0783.jpg

IMG_0785.jpg

This is what i used.
IMG_0787.jpg

I used the mounting point of the front fenders as the front mount. the back ones needed to be thought out so i used the idea from the yfz450 GYTR a arms guards. I dont really like how the allen key head is right where my boot is but its not causing any damage. i put it there beacuse the frame has a joined in piece right behind it and it was most convinient for the mounting.

They arent perfect and could do with some rethinking but they work and hopefully spark off a few ideas with guys having the same problem! ;)

for that guy who has absolutely everything bolted on his quad as far and skids and guards go this would be another great dresser upper, and those of us who paint vs powder coat our frames (including me), i'm excited to see the dressed up verion, could really make those trick if you wanted

Good job thinking of doing this soon my paint wore throught in only a few hours of riding. I have frame guards down low but now up top gonna do something similar just smaller.

lookin good blaner ... another good idea ... I as well am interested in seeing a non-prototype as I would say this is more than just dress-up. My boots wear everything Including the plastic tank sides above the point where your guard protects. I also spent time building fender guards.mounts where my boots rubbed. I'm with 95 that the lower frame guards are also a must. These along with some other boot guards could fill a niche market for those of us who are into protecting our frame/fenders etc. from the hard riding wear. Not trying to be rude to who said it but I don't think guards can be classified as dress-up???

Last edited:
just found my solution to this earlier in the year................

atv riding pants, they go over the boot, and prevent the boot from rubbing
zero rub thru's since i switched to the gear actually made for atv's

just found my solution to this earlier in the year................

atv riding pants, they go over the boot, and prevent the boot from rubbing
zero rub thru's since i switched to the gear actually made for atv's

ja i personally am not a fan of those pants....feel like a spaz wearing them! guy tried to sell me once at a honda shop...didnt like them.

But you are right, they would also solve the problem

ja i personally am not a fan of those pants....feel like a spaz wearing them! guy tried to sell me once at a honda shop...didnt like them.

But you are right, they would also solve the problem

I got a pair of pants and also feel like a spaz with em but wear em anyway ... lol, they taper into my boot though so still end up with the same problem. I've been waiting to see how well my PC will hold up there, one place not guarded.

my buddies pc is already startin to wear thru from jeans/work boots ????

who can see what i look like in "spaz pants" when i fly past or am so far ahead ???
my frame still looks good

@ beets, you have motorcycle pants

plus, my lowers zipper off leaving me with shorts, which i do use, but then i get frame wear

I kinda like the frame scuffs, myself. They're a badge of honor that lets people know the blaster ain't no garage queen......;)

exactly Piezzi, no show ponies here...hard working machines! :) they are still working good, they just get polished by my boots which is cool