For the plug chop guru's

My last run didn't go well. I got genuine Mikuni jets this time. I started at a 300 main. I got a faint cardboard color but that is it. It didn't seem to pull hard enough through the gears. I adjusted the mixture screw at 2 turns out. I'm at my wits end trying to get the right set up. When I finished my plug run I went to start up and didn't have a kicker. I was able to push start and putt back to find the kicker. The nut wasn't found. I ordered two nuts from RM ATV. Maybe I'm missing something. Will try it again later. :-/

Couple questions for ya. Do you has the brass washer under the main jet? Do you have a slosh baffle (plasic piece that fits around main jet?)

I have both parts installed. I'm missing the kicker nut, so no runs for a few days.

I had that problem too.... Just slide it on to start it, and throw it under the seat to ride... (bring it with you! dont want it to die lol)

I was lucky and a guy on here sent one to me free I:I

Update:

I had time to do some riding today. I got my new kicker nut and installed the kicker. Torqued it down and good to go. I got tired of messing with plug chops. I did some trail riding today. Temp with 89 degrees. I ran for 15 min and then let cool down. Ran again for 20 min and then loaded up. I pulled the plug when I got home. The insulator was a dark chocolate brown. It's starting to look like the original plug before the exhaust change. The area I ride in isn't really big enough to hit the main much. It ran good and didn't get hot. The mixture screw is at 1 3/4 turns out and a 300 main. I'm going to run her and keep checking the plug. I'd rather run on the rich side for safety. It still bugs me that I couldn't get a correct plug chop. Bike runs good so I'm leaving it this way for now. If I run in the winter I might go up one main so it doesn't lean out to much. Thanks for all the great help.

Update:

I had time to do some riding today. I got my new kicker nut and installed the kicker. Torqued it down and good to go. I got tired of messing with plug chops. I did some trail riding today. Temp with 89 degrees. I ran for 15 min and then let cool down. Ran again for 20 min and then loaded up. I pulled the plug when I got home. The insulator was a dark chocolate brown. It's starting to look like the original plug before the exhaust change. The area I ride in isn't really big enough to hit the main much. It ran good and didn't get hot. The mixture screw is at 1 3/4 turns out and a 300 main. I'm going to run her and keep checking the plug. I'd rather run on the rich side for safety. It still bugs me that I couldn't get a correct plug chop. Bike runs good so I'm leaving it this way for now. If I run in the winter I might go up one main so it doesn't lean out to much. Thanks for all the great help.

It is pointless to be just checking the plug it is not going to achieve a thing.

When you pull the plug out of a perfectly running motor it is more than often black and oily and the insulator colour cannot be seen.

If you are adamant about not persisting with a plug chop, set the float level, adjust the idle as per manual and run up the needle and main to where the motor complains about being too rich, then decrease the amount of fuel by altering the needle and jetting until it runs fine.

This will put you on the rich side of optimum.

I'm going to take it in to get it looked at. My next plug run puts me on pavement. I'm not willing to risk a ticket our tangle with a vehicle. I also don't want to ruin the motor. Thanks for the help.