Fmf sst exhaust

True true, shouldnt be any sludge but the flange is probly wore out, and what ya said kinda had nothing to do with this. Anyways i think i cleared up why the spring is there.

i think what i said had plenty to do with it
he said that when you rev the motor out the flange moves to release presure and heat
if i cant move the flange enough with my hand to do this then the presure from the motor isnt going to

the only place i would imagine there being high amounts of presure would be the combustion chamber but i could be wrong but i would think if u cant put any more pressure other than 7 psi with a leak down test than it wouldnt be puting anymore than that on the exhaust while its runing right? atleast i think that makes sense

Not exactly, the only thing that cant handle more than 7 PSI is the seals in crank case . If there were a way to hook up a pressure gauge on the exhaust i would imagine theres quite a bit popping out there. Take for example, the pipe is larger at the head end than the output, this will create some pressure.

i meant green power band sludge or w/e that is... u know what nvm u guys arent being helpful but teaming up on a guy i dont wanna get jumped neither X(

You wont get jumped man, your thread got jumped but that's only because your answer is here, and people..(ahem mac)..are arguing the advice of people who know what they're talking about like hudack and kgibson with complete made up bs.

Awesome man ... I was hoping you would do this, I mean just order a new flange, torque it to spec and your good to go. You should have no sh*t leaking out of it or back pressure etc ....lol. Good luck with it man I know your thread got a little crazy .... but was good for a laugh I:I

"When in doubt go to the source"

Wow threads been busy...lol Hudack and I felt all alone. And Demo alittle black sludge is okay, but its actually a sign that something else minor is wrong...rich jetting, low compession, bad plug etc... of course this is just my opinion, we will have to wait for Mac on the final decision.