FMF Exhaust Problem!

lbwd

Apr 1, 2007
Missouri
I got an FMF Fatty Gold Series pipe and the FMF PowerCoerII silencer to go with it. I just installed it and when I start my 1999 Blaster, the exhaust sounds weird. It sounds like there's a bean in a can jumping around.

I am currently uploading the video to YouTube and I'll post it as soon as it is approved. Any ideas in the mean time?

The only thing I didn't do, yet, is put the spring on.
I believe the sound is coming from the front, where the pipe connects to the motor.

Maybe so.
So where do I attach the spring? Obviously from the pipe, but to what from the pipe? There's no place.

The pipe is just rattling on the connection to the motor. Put that spring on and it will stop hopefully.

Um i think you just put it on the bolt that goes into the motor part. You somehow hook it to one of those bolts. I had to mess with mine to get it on but it works now.

GOT THE PIECE OF sh*t ON THERE AND IT'S JUST AS LOUD AS BEFORE AND THERE'S STILL EXHAUST COMING OUT BY THE SPRING AREA. F***!

dirtyblaster said:
becasue if you have a pipe you are suposse to rejet

If I can figure out how to rejet it, then I'll do it. I have to find a "how to" or something, unless someone has a scan from the repair manual.

LOL I skim through the instructions. These things must be a pain in the ass to put on! Where do I find the stock O-Ring? And then what?

Okay...
I am taking my Blaster in, to the dealer, Tuesday.
Going to have them do the O-Ring thing and the jetting, as well as repair the brakes. I know... I don't want to see the bill either. :( At least I am getting more into my ATV though :)