Float the ground

Made my battery/charging harness today. Waiting on my connectors to come in the mail.
image.jpeg

Quick question on this, since I removed the stator ground, will my tail light still work, pretty sure the negative is grounded to the frame on my tail light? thanks for the help.

I bought a AGM atv battery from autozone . Part number AZX 5-L . It was like $80 bucks . Fits nice in the tool compartment of the air box . Cut up some foam or a sponge and line the battery tray so the battery doesn't move around .

IMG_20160425_193410_388_zpsadr9lt4f.jpg
Did you have to trim the divider inside the box? Dimensions of the battery?

The floated ground from the stator, along with the power wire for the lights both feed into the new regulator/rectifier, out of that comes the + and - to the battery, the negative of the battery can then be grounded to the frame to retain all frame grounds.
once your past the reg/rec, the battery circuts should work just like any other battery system on cars or atvs, ground from battery to frame and use frame grounds where needed.

So you can run the +/- from reg/rect to the +/- on battery and run the - battery to frame and not have to worry about redoing your wiring?

cutty says differently, but I'd have to see it for myself, as that would make this coverted and regulated a/c to d/c circutry unlike any other

If you ground the battery to the bike you defeat the purpose of floating the ground off the stator

floating the ground of the stator is only to feed the ac power into the primary side of the reg/rec,
once it's on the secondary side of reg/rec it's on it's own just like any other 12v dc circut ?

what makes this any different than any other ac to 12v dc system on any other atv, auto, bike, mower, ect ?

(those are questions)