Flipping the rear wheels?

88blasterman

Apr 20, 2011
I have a 04 blaster that has stock suspension set up but i cant flip the front rims becuase of the vavle stem. but my problem is im running 20" holeshot tires and the stock plastic heel guard and when i hit a corner hard the rear wheels will up in the heel guards. it has gotten so bad that i have actually wore a hole right thru the plastic!! my thoughts are if i can flip the rear wheel. im not looking to gain much more stance i just want to get the wheels a tiny tiny bit farther away from the heel guards. What is your guys thoughts about me issue??

Thanks

There be no front to back movement of the rear wheels. Flipping stock rear rims will not change the offset. I would start checking the swing arm,carrier and axle for play.

ok, i do notice there is play between the rim and and hub? is that normal? or should the bearing be tightend right up?

what would be the easiest way to check if any play? throw a block of wood under the frame and just try to wiggle the swingarm?

This is typical when you come close to bottoming out your rear suspension with that size/style of tire. Stock tires are more rounded thus, they do not rub. You have several options:

a) Get a pair of spacers
b) Get a Banshee rear axl
c) Remove your heal guards
d) Get an extended swingarm

Spacers are by far your cheapest option.

oh im not removing the heel quards!! is it a good idea to tighten the bearing right up so there is no play what so ever?

There should be no play in the axle in the carrier, if there is either the bearings are poor or the nut need retorquing.

The hub should have little or no play where they fit on the axle, torque up the nuts.

I got Douglas wheels and same thing as mud runner I accidentally put them on backwards one day and when I came around corners it would rub my heel guard when I got off to look noticed they where backwards haha