first time porting

I recommend you read some books and do some homework before you attempt anything, even a cleanup port. It is all too easy to make a mistke that will cost you your cylinder. Gordon Jennings 2stroke tuning handbook is a good read. I don't recommend cutting the piston windows larger, more times than not it will weaken the integrity of the piston skirt and cause severe cylinder, case and crankshaft damage when it lets go. The only real advantage to polishing the exhaust to a mirror shine is that it won't allow carbon buildup, there is actually an advantage to a slightly rough texture as it will allow for a boundary layer of gas and improve flow. The surface just should not be rippled so as to create eddy's in the flow. As far as the boyesen ports they add power in the low to mid at the expense of some top end, I don't usually use them on drag builds. And, you can polish your head if you want..but I seriously doubt you'll see much gain from it.
Good Luck!

yep ,I would agree with 98% of that ,only thing up in the air for me in the quote is weather the boysen intake ports can possibly hinder topend rpms i say this becuase im considering the testing at cpi indistries for the saber and cheeath lineup and all the money dyno time and research that has been in on modern advanced dirtbikes and sleds that are desigend for optimum peak output that favor toward the high rpm curves which use the large boysen port intake design over the years,if theres power to gain the aftermaket and custom race shops will find it over time so in my thinking it stands to reason the potential gain by adding them would outweigh the disadvantage if there is one