figured out why my blaster wasnt handling good

roadkill

Apr 7, 2010
winchendon mass
i couldnt figure out why my blaster wasnt handling good so today i finally checked my tire pressure after putting it off all winter and there was less than 1 psi in the back and 3 psi in the front, i have the back at 3 now and the front at five and it handes like a dream with my banshee front and 400ex rear shocks

Its the little things that we miss and are always the things that end up costing us big in the end. Something so small recently kill a young kid from my neck of the woods. There was more to it than that but the skinny of it was low front tire presssure, asfault, gravel shoulder without a helment and a 13yr old on a 700 Raptor was a bad mix. He met a small clump of trees mid way through 4th (according to neighbors) and died later in the hospital.

Always remember that being safe comes first, if not it can take more than just money out of your pocket! Safe riding!

3 psi is still kinda low, your askin for a sidewall flat running that low of pressure
sure it feels all cushy and soft, but i have a "wall of shame" full of sidewall holed tires from tryin to use them for that plusher ride
just my .02

I run a couple pounds more than that, I like to have as much clearance as possible, not to mention no sidewall failure! Unless you run sand I'd go a couple more PSI!

how much should i run in the back? the front are pretty hard at6 and i like them, but the back feel pretty good but ill play around with it

Gotta ask, why do you people run so low AP???? I've always heard minimum of 10, but I run higher(15-20). The tires are mainly for 30-36 PSI max cold, and everyone is running basically flat?????

Clue me in. Bad suspension? What are the benefits? Negatives have to include bead failure, sidewall puncture, and bad steering???? OR am I blind?

I got it =). Soften the ride LOL. Only reason I'm on a Blaster now, is to pass it on to the kid......BUT hes gonna have to fight me for it =), NOW.......

Curiosity kills the cat. My exp comes from Harley Davidson, gotta keep them up(tires that is).

Buck 70ish, I think I will keep the air in the tires =). Gotta love the 450r shocks =).

lots of people think blasters are kids bikes. just like alot of people think sporsters are girls bikes. i would not let him kids or women on either one without experience I:I
I got it =). Soften the ride LOL. Only reason I'm on a Blaster now, is to pass it on to the kid......BUT hes gonna have to fight me for it =), NOW.......

Curiosity kills the cat. My exp comes from Harley Davidson, gotta keep them up(tires that is).

Buck 70ish, I think I will keep the air in the tires =). Gotta love the 450r shocks =).

are you saying you put 70 psi in your blaster tires? :eek:

i run prety low in the back like 5 or 6psi but then again its stock all the way to the ballon tires, and i dont care if i blow the tires out because its an excuse for new ones.

lots of people think blasters are kids bikes. just like alot of people think sporsters are girls bikes. i would not let him kids or women on either one without experience I:I

lol i bought my blaster for my gf who i dident realize at the time had all most no experience. it was a bit scarry at first but now the bike cant keep up with her! when shes ready for a raptor 700 the blaster will eventualy go to our son but it will likely be his third four wheeler.

i love the blaster and its no joke two stroke power, but im way to big for it. ill stick with my 400ex.

fat guy on a littel bike lol

I rode a 400EX today and it was, quiet frankly, GUTLESS. No balls at all. Heavy and luggy. Not worth it I say. But as for Tire Pressure, I run 8 in the back and 8 in the front.

Gotta ask, why do you people run so low AP???? I've always heard minimum of 10, but I run higher(15-20). The tires are mainly for 30-36 PSI max cold, and everyone is running basically flat?????

Clue me in. Bad suspension? What are the benefits? Negatives have to include bead failure, sidewall puncture, and bad steering???? OR am I blind?

Whoa whoa whoa! Hold up a minute here. NO blaster or atv tire for that matter is designed to run that much psi. Around 35 is max psi for all tires and that is for mounting the tire only! Air pressure can be determined by 3 things... Type of tire, type of riding the person does, and wheel setup. Low pressure is alright for some of you guys that just put around, but some of you are trying to compensate for the suspension and it's going to get you when you start bending wheels.

i figured out why your handling sucks. you need to get wider a arms. then your blaster will handle like a ferarri. mine does

i figured out why your handling sucks. you need to get wider a arms. then your blaster will handle like a ferarri. mine does

It takes a lot more than wider a-arms to make anything handle like a Ferrari. No matter what suspension setup you have, countless hours of shock tuning and suspension adjusting comes into play before any quad will handle that good. I don't care if you throw a money no object build together, let's say a Fox/Walsh all around setup with a Precision stabilizer. That doesn't mean that its amazing right out of the box... A-arms have to be adjusted, shocks have to be tuned, and the suspension has to work together. If your blaster handles like a Ferrari, I wonder what you'd say if you rode one that was truly setup suspension wise.

relax dude. ive never even touched a ferarri. i was just saying. extended arms will make it handle that much better.