Dont believe everything you hear!

Racer X

Jan 10, 2009
Virginia
I took the top end off of the motor from Blasty #2 today

Blasty2.jpg

Well when i bought this i knew way less then i do now about quads or 4 wheelers. Thank you Blaster Forum. I:I
But anyway the guy said it just had the top end rebuilt. Maybe so but i think i could have done a better job with no knowledge then this crap.

Motor001.jpg

Motor004.jpg

can anyone tell me if this is the stock piston or not? i think so but again wth do i know? lol
Motor005.jpg

Not mad about it. After digging that far into the bike i already knew what to expect. It wouldnt have shocked me if they had some MacGuyver sh*t going on with chewing gum and a toothpick to hold the piston on I:I=))

haha seems like every 2 smoke quad I see on craigslist says "freshly rebuilt" in the sales add. And for some reason they always include "bored over" In the add like its a '78 camaro or something and the stock 350 thats in it that puts out 220 hp and with it "bored over" it magically has like 450hp.

=))

that sucks man, as phragle said u might want to check the bearings and seals, there is probaly aton of broken peices in the bottom end

Doesn't look good at all.Once you see a blow up like that you almost have to split the cases and check bearings etc.You still got a spare off the other bike.

dude that piston is shattered, split the cases,you will find a ton of metal pieces there,and might want to replace all bearings and sh*t...after you do the top end reabuild remember to BREAK IT IN...