does this look stupid?

DirtyBlasterd

Oct 14, 2011
northern michigan
here is a pic of my recently aquired 91 blaster. it came with a 2000 blaster that had a broken piston skirt, and for some reason became a parts bike for this 91. the previous owner did not have the mesh hood for the 91, so he took a perfectly good racing hood off the 2000 and cut the little fenders off to fit it between the stock fenders. i thought it looked kind of goofy, but nothing i cant live with. what do you guys think?

Attachments

• DSCN1436.jpg
    DSCN1436.jpg
    86.8 KB · Views: 195
Give it a different paint job and that should help. Can we get pics from the sides?

what do you mean by paint job, the frame or plastics? the seat is blue and the tank cover has blue on it, the oil pump cover is blue, and all the hubs are blue, so the color matches. i will get side pics later, i am having a hard time attaching photos without them being tiny, any advice on that would be great

i agree with you both super noober and jons, sometimes i look at it and think its fine, sometimes i think what the hell is this

sign up on photobucket.com, upload your pics. find the IMG tag, then copy ad paste it here and you're good.

wow the photo thing worked, i guess you can teach an old dog new tricks

duck bill with fangs! gee thanks, now its definately not leaving the garage till i replace the hood

it looks a little better from the side though right? except for the view of that turd dg header. i am replacing that with an fmf tonight, as long as the fmf header fits the dg flange

eh, it doesn't look bad enough that i wouldn't ride it man. it's just different, but at the same time no one may notice it.

as for that flange situation, i dunno if they will work together, but i may be wrong.

yeah, i was just kidding about hiding it in the garage, i'll still ride it. i probably wont even bother replacing it any time soon. most of the people around here probably wouldnt even know its not supposed to be that way

and to answer my own question the fmf header did not fit over the dg flange, fail

i think it looks and will function better, than a full race hood with them silly little half ass fenders, just my opinion as i don't like race hoods, i'm sure they serve a purpose when racing, but offer very little protection from rocks and mud in the trails

i also agree, throw some decals on it to break it up a little
and at 45mph thru the trees, who notices ??? except the 4 strokes you'll be blowin by !!!!! hahahaaa

i dont really like those racing hoods either, but if he hadnt cut them like that i would have front plastics for the 2000 "parts bike" that came with it. the parts bike only needs a piston and upper front brake cable, so i was going to fix it. since i dont need three blasters i will probably end up putting my 88 blaster engine/cable/plastics on the 2000, save the 2000 engine as a spare, and part out most of the 88.

and yes the chain is toast, at max adjustment and sagging bad, i have another one though