Jun 19, 2008
linwood MI
well i started with this
0913081650.jpg

sanded all FOUR layers plus the really strong black tape for a few hours
0913081948.jpg

0913081948a.jpg

and thats all i got for now

SO THATS WERE THAT SIGN WENT I ALMOST WRECKED BECAUSE OF IT......
haha j/k looks like you have an idea there i have a "BUMP" sign and some taco signs haha they might see some grinders in there future haha

I have had that sign since I was ummm about 12. So it has been floating around for ................. Just a few years... We just finally found a use for it... Nice thing is that it is 24x30 so we can probably make 2 out of the sheet.

Actually Samolia it came from around your neck of the woods.... However probably before you were born though !

heres some pics of it cut and shaped....not im just workin on gettin the gouges out from the hammer...should have it mounted next week

0915081729.jpg

0915081810.jpg

yo that aluminums weak. we used it for something in a metal shop project and that sh*ts so weak

Weak.... Well I don't think it is too weak (Try shaping it around a Blaster frame:-D) I measured it before we started shaping it, and it came out to be .100 which while a little thin should do just fine (lets call it light weight for racing purposes I:I) Even if it stops 1 stump/stone/stick/random crazy thing on the trails from slinging up into the case then it paid for itself... If it stops 2 stumps/stone/stick/random crazy thing I will call that a bonus ! !

For what we have into these, and the amount of material we have I could make 4 of these. It takes just a little bit of time, and a small amount of work to potentially save me a lot of headaches trying to get a broken quad back to the truck because some random item found its way to the bottom of the case.

Yeah I just seen that.... Going to have to check it when I get home from work.... At least he smoothed the edges before I left for work.... I hope ! !