Custom bike's

Ducati's are more maintenance from what I've heard though but are still nice bikes. I am not a big crotchrocket fan, I'm more of a fan of 80's Jap cruisers.

Man, what are you talking about mode changes?

The 07 gixxer 1k came out with a selector switch on the bars, with modes A, B, and C. Mode A was full power, mode B was full power with sluggish/mild power delivery, mode C is good for poor road conditions.

Those bikes pictured are fun to see at shows, but that's about all they can do is sit and look pretty.

i dont know much about crouch rockets but i do know a busa and gxsr1k are not beginner bikes and the ducati, well its been road tested(road corse to see who posted better times) with a lamborgini and the lambo won by less than a sec. it was on carw weekly i think about 2 years ago. dont quot tho. anyways the bikes are sweet though and like someone else already said, got to admire the time and custom that goes into them. also most are fully funtional and alot of them are ridden to the fests.

that first bike.. WTF that looks like a 400?? rear tire?? looks bigger than the more common 300.. im digging the choppers even though i perfer the old look my self... like a bobber

like this stuff... were thinkin about gettin one next tax return.. get it titled to 'home built motor cycle

Last edited by a moderator:
The 07 gixxer 1k came out with a selector switch on the bars, with modes A, B, and C. Mode A was full power, mode B was full power with sluggish/mild power delivery, mode C is good for poor road conditions.

Those bikes pictured are fun to see at shows, but that's about all they can do is sit and look pretty.

Are you sure that wasn't just a thing for the 'busa? I remember reading when the 08 'busa came out that it had that but I never read that about the liter bike.

R1 is the king of bikes and the new ktm my boy has a the new ktm the body white with black rims tight sh*t + its fast he says and one of the best bikes for wheelies well this guys is like a ruff ryders dude he holds wheels in traffic around truns you no some of those really good pepole at bikes

I'm not big into bikes, but from the limited research I've done, most crotch rockets...600, 750, 1k, 1100, 1300, etc. have such close times for 0-60 and quarter mile runs that it doesn't really matter. The only thing that REALLY differed was the top speed. Which isn't much of a practical spec anyways.

I think that the driver/rider for a company plays a bigger role than the bike he's using to compete. If Suzuki's riders are better, then all they need to do is maintain the bikes and the wins shouldn't be difficult. Like I said...I'm not too knowledgable about all this, but most of it seems to be common sense.