CRF 450/ 400ex Hybrid?

TacticalRedneck

Mar 10, 2012
KY
plus.google.com
Ok, i've been doing a little research, I've been looking at these hybrid bikes, i saw a couple 400exs with crf 450s in them.... Anyone have any imfo?

I read something about JB racing modding the frame for $400-500... but that doesn't seem to accurate.... I saw a guy had to cut and rework part of the stock frame to get it to work.

There a company that throws out frames ready for these conversions? Also heard something about that.... \

Any imfo appreciated.... I:I

look at the price for a 450 motor though.. better off buyin a whole 450 quad

Yeah but look at my bike :D I could never part with all my hard earned goodies!!

Besides.... i like the way my bike feels, and from my assumptions i'm only looking at around 2 and a half grand in total... probably... That doesn't seem as bad as buying a 450, and having to buy alllll new parts!!

I've seen crf 450 with electronics for 1200 on atv riders. I think u go there too, someone there should have ur frame answer. The only major problem i can see is height maybe.

Height could easily be fixed with some frame mods. If you can weld well, that could be one mean machine. You'll have to do radiator mounts and similar things. But all in all, it should be somewhat simple. If it was me, I would use a TRX250R frame. But I suppose you could get a 400EX frame to work.

Height could easily be fixed with some frame mods. If you can weld well, that could be one mean machine. You'll have to do radiator mounts and similar things. But all in all, it should be somewhat simple. If it was me, I would use a TRX250R frame. But I suppose you could get a 400EX frame to work.

If i could find a cheap aftermarket 250r frame that might would be the way to go.
From searching i found a picture by picture thread, cutting and rewelding the frame is involved. Seems the hardest thing would be just to get the sprockets lined up.