Cr250 motor swap to Blaster

My camera is refusing to turn on so I used my mothers camera. She is a professional photographer so her equipment is pretty high end, needless to say she was squeamish about it venturing into the depths of the dirty garage. I think the pics came out nice so let me know if you want all the pics with this quality!

The frame as it sits:
PRH_0001.jpg

The frame from another angle:
PRH_0003.jpg

Messed up a arm:
PRH_0005.jpg

Another thread disaster on my other a arm:
PRH_0006.jpg

Tie rod that I beat the crap out of:
PRH_0008.jpg

I didn't know I had ice tires?:
PRH_0010.jpg

PRH_0011.jpg

Do you like the paint job? Be honest!:
PRH_0015.jpg

PRH_0016.jpg

PRH_0017.jpg

ah great, more rust:
PRH_0018.jpg

Thats what I did tonight after cleaning the garage for 6 hours straight! stupid a arms!

Your scootin right along. Also the paint looks like from the pics there is either dust on it when you painted or settled on while or after painting. Assuming maybe you had them out while they were wet and you were grinder or sanding the frame?

yea I probably had both happen to it. Going to have to sandblast it and try again, maybe put a fan by the entrance of my painting booth. I don't quite understand the question about the frame?

how do these colors look?

PRH_0026.jpg

PRH_0028.jpg

I will get some clearer pictures later today. The red is what I am thinking of making my frame and accents. The black will be everything else. Thoughts?

paint scheme is sick man. i have a few blastys that i am in the process of rebuilding and one will get an engine swap. idk what motor yet but this is encouraging me to do it. lol

I like the color scheme....but what the hell do you have going on with that peg and pedal? The brake pedal is on the wrong peg :D

I like the color scheme....but what the hell do you have going on with that peg and pedal? The brake pedal is on the wrong peg :D

it's not that it's on the wrong peg, but if you look closely, it's on the right peg it's just put on backwards like it is aiming towards the axle instead of the a-arms.

sandancer: thanks! you should do it!

Prime: your messing me up! I stared at the picture trying to figure what I did wrong. then casey set us straight lol. :)

Here are some more pics just for fun!
my nice rear caliper :(
PRH_0034.jpg

PRH_0035.jpg

Just another couple pics of the color scheme:
PRH_0036.jpg

PRH_0037.jpg

Looks good i like the paint. Btw i went through lots of differant brands and colors I figured out that engine enamel works the best. I figured that out after im almost done haha and all paint has been painted

Also I just messed with my cable brakes. It was really easy looked about the same i just took it apart and oiled everything put it back together and adjusted they skid now.

Last edited:
Lookin' good! If you need a new set of tie rods, I have two good ones with ends and castle nuts! $ 15.00 shipped to your door...

Lookin' good! If you need a new set of tie rods, I have two good ones with ends and castle nuts! $ 15.00 shipped to your door...

might just have to take you up on that!

So I was painting in my booth today and got impatient for stuff to dry. I primed my front bumper with white primer. Now I have speckled white foot pegs and brake pedal. X( Might just leave it that way, its not to noticeable.

Dupli-Color :: Metalcast

Replicates anodized coatings such as the ASV levers. One tip for large parts use some type of adhesion promoter. Almost a perfect match to my ASV levers on my old YZ two fiddy;)
Got mine at O'reilys auto parts. I'm sure napa, advance, vatozone, and the others sell it.
(begin rant) BTW for my fellow Kawasaki owners, I wish people would ask ASV to begin selling levers in green. (end rant)

Dupli-Color :: Metalcast

Replicates anodized coatings such as the ASV levers. One tip for large parts use some type of adhesion promoter. Almost a perfect match to my ASV levers on my old YZ two fiddy;)
Got mine at O'reilys auto parts. I'm sure napa, advance, vatozone, and the others sell it.
(begin rant) BTW for my fellow Kawasaki owners, I wish people would ask ASV to begin selling levers in green. (end rant)

good stuff! I will check it out when I can get to an auto place. I already have some parts painted red.

hmmmmm would two tone red with black plastics look gay, or somewhat cool? I am not sure :-/ might just have to give it a try, any input from the brethren?