confused.com

az0121

Mar 2, 2013
iive got a stock blaster wiv airlid on my elevation is 889ft ive just orderd a full fmf and a 270 main jet will it work ??

iive got a stock blaster wiv airlid on my elevation is 889ft ive just orderd a full fmf and a 270 main jet will it work ??

Get a #280 and a #290 as well.

Therotecically a #270 will work, but things change and will change.

Get a few b8es plugs and plug chop.

i live in england wher i live i ent got time to do a plug chop as ther are no local fields

isnt ther another way round it sum 1 said to run just a fmf 260 main is needed

isnt ther another way round it sum 1 said to run just a fmf 260 main is needed

In a cold climate a #260 could be too lean, and could fry the piston.

If for some reason you are unable to do a plug chop, put in a bigger jet like a #290, warm up the bike and take it for a WOT run.

If the motor babbles, burbles, lacks power or sounds like a 4 poke at WOT, then reduce the size of the jet until it runs well.

If for some reason you are unable to do a plug chop, put in a bigger jet like a #290, warm up the bike and take it for a WOT run.

If the motor babbles, burbles, lacks power or sounds like a 4 poke at WOT, then reduce the size of the jet until it runs well.

this is what i do

ok how will i know if the 270 is no good... sorry to be a pain in the arse lol

Start big and work down.

A #270 could work very well , but why try to damage the motor by starting there it could be too lean.

If it runs real good with 280, don't bother trying a 270. Power drops off very little going from "perfect" jetting to a lean condition. BUT the temperature rises drastically inside cylinder melting the piston. As the temps warm up and it starts to run doggy, then maybe drop one jet size.