clutch not working

Kizza

Jul 25, 2008
yo dudes

as some of ya know ive just done a rebuild... wen i took it apart the clutch was working fine... put it back together n i have nothin!! as far as i can see everythings in the correct space ive adjusted it time n time agen... starting to blag my head a little now... any ideas?

ok just read on the internet that the clutch plates have a certain position in the basket is this correct ?? if so any idea's on how they go?

not the plates, the boss and the basket have dots that need to be aligned when the plates are installed.

Yo i need to do a rebuild on my 03 blaster how did you do it kizza???? I need a new crank assembly, main bearing , gasket set, piston and top end bearing. Help me please!!!

right guys ive messed n messed n messed some more still cant get it to work is there anychance if someone has a manual could u scan in the page that shows the "xploded" clutch showing the individual components of the clutch

and chris if u add me biker4life@live.co.uk (msn) ill tell u how to do it :)

ok there is a special order to the plates...
1. take the tension off your clutch cable
2. remove your clutch and friction plates, lay them out in front of you, you will notice that one of the clutch plates inner circle is bigger than the rest, set this one aside along with the giant washer/spring thing
3. insert one clutch plate, then a friction plate, then the clutch plate with the bigger hole, then the spring, then a friction plate, then a clutch plate till all of them are in place...you should end up with a clutch plate being your last one installed
4. make sure while installing your friction plates that you start with the arrow/ear pointing up, then each consecutive friction plate should be installed approx 60 degrees clockwise from the last one
5. reinstall you clutch cover & springs
6. adjust the center screw for initial clutch
7. put your cover back on
8. adjust your clutch cable/lever so you have approx a nickels worth of slack between the lever and the lever holder...
9. ride and have fun!!

cheers regal i followed ur instructions and still nothing but just out of curiosity i took the push rod out, took it off the plate n pushed it in as far as i could and pulled the leaver and nothing.. so im obviously missing somthing between the clutch arm and push rod im guessing a ball bearing or somthing? my DTR (similar clutch) has a push rod then a ball bearing and then the push rod connecting to the basket.

yeah when my buddy rebuilt his bottom end he forgot to put the inner push rod in so for some reason i couldnt figure out why his clutch was so soft then i took the prssure plate off and slid a small long rod in there and it wouldnt want to stop so i went and got the push rod installed it and put that little ball bearing in then the pressure plat and woola. hope this helps ya out.

anyone have any idea's on the part number? or anychance someone could get hold of one and ship it over? im really struggling to find one over here in the UK for sum reason any help would be much appreciated