Clutch fluid question

starjammir

May 28, 2009
Lapeer, Mi
Well guys I changed the tranny and clutch fluid a week or so again. Filled it up til it was in the middle of the window, now anytime before I ride, I check it and there is no fluid in the window. I add about 2 tbsp's of fluid each time before its in the window. Its not leaking out so I am kinda lost....
Any thoughts?

There should be 650ml of oil in the tranny. lol...and how much do you have in it now? ...it may sound alot for such a small engine but it says that right in the manual and printed on the crankcase.

I have no idea how much is in it but it always ends up in the middle of the window on the side of the bike. I go out there a day or whatever later and check it and there is nothing in the window.

well wat can happen if u put too much in? also its a 2 stroke so it could be burning up a little oil of ur rings are going.
when i changed mine i had gas in it. and wat kinda oil u use?

well wat can happen if u put too much in? also its a 2 stroke so it could be burning up a little oil of ur rings are going.
when i changed mine i had gas in it. and wat kinda oil u use?

your thinking 4 stroke. if your rings are going in a 2 stroke, you just loose compression and power. it could be burning the oil because of a bad crank seal. are you riding it after u fill it up then stopping and letting it sit for a few days? because if its not dripping all over the floor and your doing that, it may be burning it. does it puff out alot of white smoke? it shouldnt be white. and if it smells like sh*t, thats an indicator too.

ya just dont start it before you check it. checking to see if its burning oil through the crank seal. they sometimes go bad and tranny fluid gets sucked in through the bearing into the crank case and burned.

Dudeeee!!!!! I filled the whole window up now it smizzokes like crazy can putting too much oil in the tranny cause it to overfill and burn out the exhaust? I dont know how it can but is it possible? It was about empty and i put a whole quart!!!! whats the deal ?????? It looked like it needed it but hell i dunno.. clutch was actin weird sooo i just juiced it with oil... Sooo plzzz help !!!! Thanks in advance!! I FOUND THIS POST IN SEARCH SO SORRY IF ITS OLD BUT I COULDNT FIND THE ANSWER! Also how far in the window should it be?

out of the tailpipe or off the exhaust manifold pipe up front? too much will cause extra drag in the slush box but may push some out the vent tube that runs up then down over the header pipe under the front hood. thou not sure how much it could damage being over filled.

make sure the vents aren't clogged. Clogged vents builds pressure and then the pressure has nowhere to go...and ends up pushing oil out. Hopefully out of the partially clogged vent line...but if not, possibly through the crank seals.

Are yo sure that your checking the bike on level ground?? Tires aren't going flat??

There should be 650ml of oil in the tranny. lol...and how much do you have in it now? ...it may sound alot for such a small engine but it says that right in the manual and printed on the crankcase.

i thought it was supposed to have 650 cc of oil in it, thats what it says on the case...are cc and ml about the same?