Clicking noise when i start my yamaha blaster

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
okay guys so i finally got my blaster to start thank god :D but now when i start it up it has a clicking/knocking noise. i started it in neutral everything seems to be working fine....any ideas on what could be the problem?B)

All blasters have a click/knocking noise. Is it excessive? If it is it could be a worn top end. The piston could be slapping around in the cylinder. How much compression does it have?

will have a video in a second... and i had the compression checked a couple weeks ago.the guy said it had good compression

heres a video of it starting up u can kinda hear the noise? couldnt get a better video because of hailing! will upload another tomorrow

Last edited by a moderator:
almost sounds like your piston is slapping the wall. i know when my piston went it made a noise similar to that, but also i was riding with some wind that day.

either that or my educated guess would be either the gearing on your kickstarter is a bit loose, or loose screws rattling around....nonetheless, hope i helped somewhat.

I would not start that bike again before doing a compression check. You can cause a LOT of damage if you allow the piston to break. I can and probably will score the cylinder and bust the cases. I'm not saying that's what it is. I'm saying do a compression check and rule it out. I know somebody told you it was good, but if it was me I would kick it and look at the gauge myself.

I:II:II:II:I i found out its my clutch basket and idle gear. my clutch basket shown some wear but i didnt think it went but i guess it did so im ordering that and friction plates! so thanks a lot guys :) love this forums always helping me!
#BlasterNation:p

thanks buddy! i did inspect it looks all good found it my flywheel magnet cover was broken so now im ordering one off ebay. and also checked compression seems fine. another thing if u can go look at my thread in the other general support section for an anwser for that question would be awesome! even though i already ordered that part brand new. ID like to thank everyone on blasterforums for the help, great experience!