CFM vs. PB airbox???

which one is better

• project blaster

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • CFM

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
i recall 89custom having troubles with the pb one, but i think the pb one is a little thicker

i just got mine in the cfm one.from what i can tell by pics the pb box air line will hit the 400ex shock.I havent tried it yet but i think the cfm one is going to just miss the 400 ex shock.will let you know later

it was a biotch to fit in, but eventually got it. plus its thicker, looks way better and comes with the adapter for whatever carb, airfilter and outerwears screen lid.looks alot nicer.

it was a biotch to fit in, but eventually got it. plus its thicker, looks way better and comes with the adapter for whatever carb, airfilter and outerwears screen lid.looks alot nicer.

the cfm fits right in perfectly, nothing to fight. it also comes with the carb adapter and you can get either a uni or k&n filter for it. I don't think that the pb airbox is any thicker. the cfm box is pretty thick and it features the regular aluminum look, instead of having the hologram look or whatever pb calls it. the cfm box is also cheaper and when i ordered mine, i emailed cfm and got the airbox and the air scoops and shipped to my door for the same price as the pb airbox

75.00 I'm surprised they go that low. There aren't any on ebay right now, must have got the last one. I still have one made up but have yet to finish it.

they are only posting one box at a time. give them a day and they will have another. you could also call them and see if they could take a best offer.

dont buy the filters from them. i got my K&N for $30.00 at the local parts house. they are asking i think $60.00.

i got the CFM one because i dont like the holigram look. im sure its a nice box, but i powder coated mine anyways.

i got the cfm, doesn't really matter, my sh*t gets covered in mud neways, lol i love the cfm, all i had to do was dremel the plastics from the tank back, looks good too!!

the cfm fits right in perfectly, nothing to fight. it also comes with the carb adapter and you can get either a uni or k&n filter for it. I don't think that the pb airbox is any thicker. the cfm box is pretty thick and it features the regular aluminum look, instead of having the hologram look or whatever pb calls it. the cfm box is also cheaper and when i ordered mine, i emailed cfm and got the airbox and the air scoops and shipped to my door for the same price as the pb airbox

both myself and d.jackson have em, along with many other riders on here and they fit it nice. i have no complaints with mine at all. i got my filter , box and adapter for allot less money than the pb box.
some people say the pb one is thicker and better looking but i dont think it warrents the extra money that they cost
..IMHO

well i have the pb airbox and have to say they didnt make it very accurate at all... the angle the tube goes into the carb is completly off..
i got mine for a great deal so thats why i have the one i have..

toys176.jpg

toys177.jpg

toys178.jpg

toys179.jpg

CFM box....
the first pic is top view, i put a thin layer of filter foam(made for furnace fliters..etc) in the intake slots to help filter out the dust, still breathes well but helps keep the inside of box clean
026.jpg

024.jpg

025.jpg