CFM vs. PB airbox???

which one is better

• project blaster

Votes: 10 45.5%
  • CFM

Votes: 12 54.5%

• Total voters
heres picutres of my CFM box. i have the k&n filter, and i also powder coated mine.

DSC02167.jpg

DSC02168.jpg

DSC02169.jpg

anyone seen a project blaster airbox with a 400ex shock? i see the pic of daniels with the cfm box and its hard to tell if the res on the 400ex would hit the pb downtube. doesnt look like it would fit eh

I would go PB if you can get to fit. It has less bends in the tube= less restriction. I think they should use a mandrill bender so its not such a sharp bend.

i have the pb airbox like i said they didnt make it very accurate..
the angle is completely off.. id go with CFM if i had to do it over again..
hows the angle going into the carb on the CFM boxes??

they have to flow better. i mean the stock is so restricted. that rubber hose gets all smashed when it comes off the back of the box from the filter. also the stock tubing is as large as the stock carb opening. the CFM is huge. i think its 2.5" tubing

mr 305 to anwser your question, it lines up perfect with the carb.

I wish they did have flow results because of the differences of carb velocity. A direct bolt on carb filter has the best flow but not great velocity, so who knows which is exactly better between the two.

could someone give me detailed pics of the cfm installed from the kicker side of the quad ?I got cfm airbox & shrouds for $120 just made them an offer!!!

could someone give me detailed pics of the cfm installed from the kicker side of the quad ?I got cfm airbox & shrouds for $120 just made them an offer!!!

Here you go man hope this helps. Although hard to see it bolts in on a spacer at the corner of the frame. You can see the mounting point right in front of where my old silencer is bolted up.
cfmboxmount-1.jpg