Votes: 1 100.0%
  • You NEEEEED bigger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • You're gonna WANT bigger

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FroztyNuggz

Mar 6, 2016
Hello everyone, I would first like to apologize if my thread is in the wrong location.

I've recently purchased my own blaster (as opposed to riding buddies). Was purchased from a very good friend and has had the following upgrades/maintinance

- 240 big bore kit
- port work
- recently "rebuilt" by f.a.s.t.
- Full FMF exhaust
- Reeds, Jetted**, other misc little things.

Now on to the real question and the reason for those asterisks.

I need a new carburetor, and I have found a stock 26 mm for a hell of a price, but have been hearing that I shouldn't do it, due to the work that's been put into the motor.
Will it be a power difference that will bother a hobby rider like myself or is it more of an issue for the motor/air to fuel ratio needed?

XD forgive my noobieness.

Thank you. And I need to make sure on that, although I believed it is a stock 200 that has been bored over...

Go with the stock carb then. It will also benefit the FMF pipe. If you can get it for a good deal then do it. You could always upgrade later and sell the stock carb.

Reactions: FroztyNuggz
Ok very good to know, I'll be buying the stock carb tomorrow, just wanted to make sure it wasn't gonna cause other issues, but for now my blaster can run and ride until I find a larger carburetor.

Thank you guys

I think the FMF on there is a bigger issue then a carb at this point. Sounds like you have a solid motor to run with from F.A.S.T. Any idea if he did the Portig also? Also, don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly positive these 26mm carbs are good for almost 80 HP. I run stock carbs on my Banshee that has quite a bit of work done.

Reactions: FroztyNuggz
Oh wow, even if your +/- on your hp estimate I should be fine, nowhere close to that kind of hp.

And yes I believe the port work was,done by f.a.s.t. as well.

I see, and I don't know specifics for the porting and build. Will need to get a hold of my buddy to get that information. But I was unaware of that regardless.