what size carb for these mods

Cole99

Jul 21, 2019
Hi, i know there have been plenty of posts about this...

but i was curious what size carb would be best for my 01 blaster, I just purchased a high compression head and will soon be buying a trail ported cylinder from mac daddy racing, full fmf exhaust,veforce reeds,what brand of carb would be best and what size?,I heard a lot of people run 34mm with a full port job but the setup seems like a lot of work along with jetting... would a 28mm Mikuni suit me better and still give good enough results opposed to a 34mm?

Hi, i know there have been plenty of posts about this...

but i was curious what size carb would be best for my 01 blaster, I just purchased a high compression head and will soon be buying a trail ported cylinder from mac daddy racing, full fmf exhaust,veforce reeds,what brand of carb would be best and what size?,I heard a lot of people run 34mm with a full port job but the setup seems like a lot of work along with jetting... would a 28mm Mikuni suit me better and still give good enough results opposed to a 34mm?
Any carb change is going to require rejetting
To tune to your setup. Really no way around it.. And yes the 34 will be more work and $.
Have to change intake boot
And modify airbox side.
Look up link what jets are you using.

A lot depends on where and how you ride. Wide open trails or dunes a 34 would be fine. Tight trails or more conservative riding a 28 or even stock works best

Reactions: Slydog