carb size?? 240 Needs more power

calholli

Oct 16, 2009
Enid, Ok
says fmf gold series on the expansion chamber, vforce3 reeds, says pwk 30 on the carb. jets 52 155.. 240 bore. 72.5 ,15-39 sprocket... need advice on how to get more power. should I get a bigger carb or jets.

i would get a good right bend pipe, such as an f7, vito's fat bastard, or lrd. and then i'd also get a 34mm pj or a 35mm airstryker carb

is the motor ported at all and at least a 34 mill should be ran,also lose the fmf that not ganna help ya at all

no, I don't believe there has been any kind of machine work.. just the 240 kit added...

I have too many questions...
, how much should I have the head shaved if I chose to do so??? could I put a carb from a rm 250, or tri z 250, or 250r??? what would likely be the single most important mod to do first, that would get the most initial gain?? thats what I'm looking for now. It seems to almost run better with the stock bore..

if u have i ported next time u rebuild it that will wake it up a lot and u can get a good 34 mill car for not to much a 30 is good for a stocker bke with port work and stuff like that. since u got a 240 u need more gas and air. u can run the pipe u got and it will work but there are better pipes to run on a 240 kit.

i appologize for the off topic post, but 15 tooth front, did you have to grind your case and or where did you get it haha?

and for a 240, my old blaster ran great with a 36mm

i appologize for the off topic post, but 15 tooth front, did you have to grind your case and or where did you get it haha?

and for a 240, my old blaster ran great with a 36mm

you have to shave the plastic cover... I just bolted it on and popped the clutch to get it going and it carved its own groove... Wouldn't recommend it though, my clutch busted to pieces on the same ride.. (don't know it they are related).. I would shave it ahead of time, it doesn't need much, its not like it wears all the way through.

you have to shave the plastic cover... I just bolted it on and popped the clutch to get it going and it carved its own groove... Wouldn't recommend it though, my clutch busted to pieces on the same ride.. (don't know it they are related).. I would shave it ahead of time, it doesn't need much, its not like it wears all the way through.

where did you get it? i did not know it existed, ive only seen 14 tooth ones

where did you get it? i did not know it existed, ive only seen 14 tooth ones

EBAY... I believe it was originally for a banshee, but the post said blaster also. And I wanted more speed. Thinking I had the power, I bought it. only $10.00!! but at the dunes, I can't hardly get into high gear even with little 18in paddles... but again.. EBAY!!!

EBAY... I believe it was originally for a banshee, but the post said blaster also. And I wanted more speed. Thinking I had the power, I bought it. only $10.00!! but at the dunes, I can't hardly get into high gear even with little 18in paddles... but again.. EBAY!!!

thanks man, i apologize for that noobish question, i havent been on a blaster for 3 years