carb rejetting

the flat head brass screw that is recessed in the side of the carb is your air screw. that should be adjusted to 1.5 turns out once seated all the way in. if this is a stock blaster carb it does not come with an idle screw installed in it. If the guy who had the carb first did not instal the idle screw with the tors delete kit or bought the cheap kit that doesn't come with it you HAVE to adjust your idle with the cable because there is NO idle screw in a stock blaster carb. but i have no clue what i'm talking about i guess

the flat head brass screw that is recessed in the side of the carb is your air screw. that should be adjusted to 1.5 turns out once seated all the way in. if this is a stock blaster carb it does not come with an idle screw installed in it. If the guy who had the carb first did not instal the idle screw with the tors delete kit or bought the cheap kit that doesn't come with it you HAVE to adjust your idle with the cable because there is NO idle screw in a stock blaster carb. but i have no clue what i'm talking about i guess

That is encouraging, I mean, that there is hope for me yet!:DI:I;)

my carb
fu6glv.jpg
[/IMG]

Set the idle.

Warm up and set idle screw to a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Adjust idle screw for desired idle .

ok he did put the idle adjustment screw in. That is the one that is touching the vent tube in the pic the one that is angled up is the airscrew and it should be screwed all the way in and then backed out 1.5 turns. start off with the idle screw backed all the way out then turn it in until the carb will idle just keep blipping the throttle to keep it going

Start with air screw 1.5 turns out.

Set idle screw so that it has some degree of idle.

Warm up motor and then set idle screw for a fast idle.

Adjust air screw either way to get the fastest idle.

Adjust air screw a little at a time leaving 10 secs to allow the motor to respond.

Adjust idle screw for desired idle .

i turned the air screw out i litttle at atime and can seem to get it to a high idle.do i just turn the air screw out till it high idles then use idlescrewto adjust it oh and also the needle i have in my carb isint the stock one its one that cam with my jet kit, i just cant get it to idle for over 2 minutes what im i doing wrong

i turned the air screw out i litttle at atime and can seem to get it to a high idle.do i just turn the air screw out till it high idles then use idlescrewto adjust it

How far out did you turn it? Best thing to do is turn the idle screw in so it already has a relatively high idle, after the machine is warmed up, then try turning out the air screw. If you start at 1-1/2 turns out, just spin it another 1-1/2 turns. If you get a high idle, then start back at the original 1-1/2 turns turns and then adjust out 1/2 turn at a time to find where it happens at. If it doesn't happen, you might need to go down a pilot and try it, seeing if you can get it to happen then. Which would mean you are currently at the correct pilot, I hope I didn't confuse you.

so putthe idle screw all the way in before istartit

Not all the way in. After you start up the machine, if it is already idling, just give the idle screw about a half turn or a full turn to pick up the idling...not all the way in though, no need for that. You just want to add about 10% more idle to it when you play with the air screw.

Not all the way in. After you start up the machine, if it is already idling, just give the idle screw about a half turn or a full turn to pick up the idling...not all the way in though, no need for that. You just want to add about 10% more idle to it when you play with the air screw.

ok so i have my air screw all the way in then 1.5 turns out and my idle is all the way out, so what your saying to do is put the idle screw in 1 turn from were its currently at and then turn the air screw in 1 turn in also from were its at.