buying a new exhaust

warmeck

Dec 25, 2012
Connecticut
so im looking into buying a new exhaust. i used to have a pro circuit. i am wondering if i get a fmf exhaust with stock motor do i have to change my stock jetting? and do i have to get a new pipe? there is also a toomey for 380 something at my local atv store. thanks in advance for input!

actually i decided i wanna save up for the toomey exhaust that they have in stock at my local atv store its $380 something so thats a steal. I am wondering now do i need to change my jetting even tho my engine is stock, with a toomey?

another question can i run my bike without the silencer? it just has the pipe on it?

Don't run your bike without a silencer. It will be to loud and annoying. The toomey will come with a 310 jet. Order a 300 and 320 jet. Put the 320 in and plug chop it.

we ran my dads banshee without the silencers on with DG pipes....lights were flickering in the garage thats how loud it was

another question can i run my bike without the silencer? it just has the pipe on it?

Don't run it without the silencer. Any server should fit it intill u get a toomey one. Even ur stock one I'm pretty sure.

Get the toomey tho! And buy a toomey silencer. The complete toomey pip sounds real nice!

Im not sure 100 percent but I looked on eBay there was only 1 result for toomey b1 here but it was the complete pipe and silencer for 385.

May wanna check into buying the complete set-up and it be cheaper in the long run. Just make sure the pipe comes with the flange no matter what one u decide to go with!

Don't run your bike without a silencer. It will be to loud and annoying. The toomey will come with a 310 jet. Order a 300 and 320 jet. Put the 320 in and plug chop it.

so i should plug chop the 320 to decide if the 310 jet is the correct side? because if the 320 jet comes out too rich then i know i should run the 310?

so i should plug chop the 320 to decide if the 310 jet is the correct side? because if the 320 jet comes out too rich then i know i should run the 310?

Yes always wise to start rich! A plugs 2 and some change. A top end rebuild is 200 and some change!

Start rich and work ur way down to correct jetting.

yes i plan on buying the full set for $345 exact price at my local atv store. im getting that and 300 and 320 jets and some slime for my back tire!

yes i plan on buying the full set for $345 exact price at my local atv store. im getting that and 300 and 320 jets and some slime for my back tire!

Make sure you ride the bike right after you put the slime in. If not it will gum up in the bottom of the tire and cause the tire to be way out of balance. Riding it ensures that it gets evenly distributed throughout the tire.

plug chop on straight pipe lol

so i got around to doing a plug chop on my straight pipe i think its running perfect, seeing as how im going to sell this straight pipe after im done using it for whatever i can get for it haha. what do u guys think.

IMAG0306_zpsd9e82980.jpg

Looks like a plug to me, did you follow the instructions for a plug chop?

Before you make the plug chop run it is important that the float level is correct, the idle is set correctly and there are no air leaks in the system, otherwise the smoke ring may lie about the AFR.

WHEN ALL OF THE ABOVE ARE CORRECT PROCEED WITH THE FOLLOWING.

Warm up motor to operating temp.

Fit new B8ES plug, ride through the gears and hold WOT in 5th or 6th gear for 10 seconds, or as long as you can safely.

Switch off the motor and pull in the clutch, apply brakes to come to a stop quickly.

Take the plug out and replace the old one for the ride home.

Carefully cut the threaded end off the plug to expose the insulator.

There should be a smoke ring of a cardboard or biscuit colour around the insulator.

If it is non existant or a very light colour, you are lean and require a larger main jet.

If it is a lot darker you are rich and may go down a size in main.

I prefer to run a little on the darker side, I may loose a little power but it is worth it for the peace of mind that I won't need a rebuild so soon.

http://www.blasterforum.com/do-yourself-20/how-plug-chop-38674/

This is a good to go plug. /\ /\ /\ /\ /\

http://www.blasterforum.com/engine-13/plug-chop-how-vid-48226/

2wr2fwo.jpg

This one is a little rich, but I would run it, I like to be on the safe side.

plug152mainmediumoi2.jpg

You have to get up a reasonable speed so that you can get the motor to pull strongly.

Then hold it Wide Open Throttle (WOT) for 10 secs or as long as you can.

The idea is not to get speed but to make it pull strong at full throttle to get onto the main jet circuit.

I find I can safely do it on a short run by applying the brakes some.

If you have not enough room you can use 4th or 5th gear with good results.