Broken Transmission?

1998Blasterrider

hello im new to the forums but not new to blasters. had mine for 8 years now. the other day i was riding on the road in 6th gear i pulled in on the clutch and shifted down into first(in preparation to stop, dumb maybe) no more then 5 seconds after i shifted it into first the clutch suddenly engaged and droped it into 1st gear at about 55mph. the engines fine tho but the clutch is constantly engaged and the only tension on the lever is from where the cable has a spring on it. i pulled the clutch cover and dismantled it. i think there is something wrong with the push rod as it will not adjust it just turns like its stripped out. is this thing supposed to unscrew or simply pull out? either way it seems to be stuck in there, help is needed asap. im supposed to go trail riding in 2 weeks. thank you

I really don't know the answer to you problem but there is an online manual in the DIY section of this forum. Good luck!

hmm i cant seem to find anything in the service manuals it just states "remove pushrod and ball" doesnt really say how though

hmmm...so im kinda thinkin i should just try to yank the pushrod out... im thinkin maybe a slide hammer?

well i went ahead and gave it a slight pull with the slide hammer. it turns out that the pushrod and ball were melted togetherand that pusrod #2 was also melted to the ball. now i need to take the push lever out any suggestions on that? and why would this happen with a properly filled crankcase. i had just changed the fluid with 10w-30 with 20%lucas. I have been doing alot of topend high speed driving down back country roads making 20 mile trips or so. do you think that the oil wasnt being circulated under the high speed? maybe the lucas made the oil too thick and it couldnt get everywhere to lube?

When I built my blaster I had to do the whole bottom end. The reason it melted together is the speed you were at. Lucus oil is good for the engine because it helps the oil get to all the parts in the engine so that could have not been the problem. To get the push rod out disconnect the clutch cable and there should be a return spring that latches on to the case. Once you disconnect that it, it should just slides out. I would replace the whole entire push rod assembly (push rod#1, rod ball, and push rod #2).

got it out... so hmmm basicly i just shouldnt drive at high speeds or it will happen again? damn because it was saving me gas over my truck. lol