Bought My Kid A PW

Oliviasdad

Jul 2, 2009
N.C.
ok i had been lookin all around for a small name brand dirt bike for my lil girl cause she had been buggin me about gettin her one. i looked at those no name bikes and they just seemed so cheap but i guess you get what you pay for. she turned 4 last month so i thought it was time to get her somethin. well finally i ran across this at a pretty good price i thought. i test rode it and it was quick with my 200lb ass on it. she agreed that this was the one she wanted. well next up ill get training wheels and cut her loose.

PW 50

l_60408504c01e4d95aa271a048362069e.jpg

l_ca363552880f4735bc65954cc828ab9f.jpg

Last edited:
What a great Dad I:I

i had it on the truck at work and one of my co workers said i was an awful dad that i shouldve never bought a motorcycle for my 4yr old daughter. he said she could get hurt very bad and i should consider gettin rid of it. i told the falls are a part of learning & that he should go out and buy his son a bike.

i got my GF's daughter an old PW.. back when they looked like paulie's quad.. yellow with black stripes.. she LOVES it. shes 6.. `skip the training wheels though.. if she can ride a bicycle she'll be fine on the bike.. and yeah falls are part of it... the kiddio has crashed a few good ones.. it's called a learning expericance... make sure you buy her some good gear though..

the bike just came out of the yamaha shop 4 months ago the po gave me the invoice and it said they had a new top end put on $300 total for the work and parts. so for what i paid i feel i did ok on the deal. now i gotta get some ridin gear for her & that stuff gets expensive but i gotta keep her safe.

I think it is awesome you are teaching your daughter to ride, just remember her safety is entirely YOUR responsibility. I suggest at the least a helmet and chest protector for riding gear. It takes a lot of time and determination to teach "proper" riding technique to someone so young, but its worth it. Also take lots of videos, never know when she will do that crazy thing one time or her first wreck.

nice buy!! we have a older pw50 that use adults cruise around on, puttin the throttle stop back on it and training wheels and lettin my 2.5 year old son loose on it, he just learned to ride a pedal bike him self with training wheels, and he is good on his power wheels quad so its time for something gas powered..

when you get good at riding and its time to make it faster, let me know,,, ill point you in the right direction,

That was cool of you to get that for your kid just make sure she always has a lid on her and wears long pants.

oh a helmet and chest protector are the first two things im buyin. right now she is borrowing my nephews till she gets her own. i told her if i catch her on it without her gear that i will take the bike & give it to some kid that wants one. everyone knows ill just put it in the building for a little while then give it back.

get her a good mx helmet, and goggles, fox gloves ( remmomned them there comfortable and breath good) get her usedto riding with pants and a long sleeve shirt on, and boots, dont have to get riding boots for her het, just get her some like hiking booots, or something simmaler,

that way she learns 'proper' riding gear

the bike just came out of the yamaha shop 4 months ago the po gave me the invoice and it said they had a new top end put on $300 total for the work and parts. so for what i paid i feel i did ok on the deal. now i gotta get some ridin gear for her & that stuff gets expensive but i gotta keep her safe.
look for gear on ebay.. shes a kid and will outgrow it fast.. so hand me downs would be perfect.. especailly boots.. kids feet grow liek weeds... also if youi get lucky you can get her a good helmet for cheap on ebay.. i picked up a ral nice helmet for teh kid that had a paint blem.. got a $120 helmet for $35 brand new.

i woudl definaley get her riding boots.. kids boots are fairly inexpensive.. especally hand me downs..

and it;s cheaper than a broken ankle.. kids tend to want to put thier feet down if they get squriley

wow awesome dad, i bought my lil sis an xr80 a few years back she stalled the bike twice and has never looked back, now its time for something with a lil more ummf for her, its defitnly fun for them and sh*t your pants scary for us