boring Questions

TeamCarr

Jul 16, 2009
Cocoa,Fl
i have my blaster apart and am taking the top end to a machine shop to get it bored. i was just wondering what is the max bore i can do with the stock cylinder and head? can i keep everything else stock after the bore or do i need to upgrade? if i need to upgrade anything tell me what please. also where is the cheapest place to get wiseco piston kits

Only bore the cylinder as much as needed to clean it up. Boring out the cylinder to the max is just wasting bores and the life of the cylinder.

The max bore in a blaster cylinder is .80 if im correct, but i would saty away from boring it to the max,it will only kill your cylinder lifespan, I would bore it to the next size, as little as possible.

You will need a new piston to match the new cylinder size, Id buy wiseco pistons.

P.S. boring an engine should only be done if its necesarry, getting a cylinder bored will not give you any noticeble power at all.

you can take that cylinder up to .100" installing a large sleeve is not something your going to be able to do yourself,any machinist do the job for you for a small fee.The price will be in the sleeve and piston,i think last time i got one a big bore piston is about 120-130 bucks.
You should just bore your cylinder the next size over,or if its not bad just have it honed

Go to the next size. Too much will cause over heating and thin cylinder walls. If the cylinder is really bad and thats why you ask how far you can go then I would recommend having it resleeved. It's about $200 to have it resleeved. It might be a little more if you have to send it off but not much just shipping. If your looking for more power that would all be in the porting, rod stroke, air/fuel input, combustion chamber and a bigger cylinder. I bigger cylinder alone will not give you anymore power.

Oh ya! To make a 240 yourself you would need to bore the cylinder somewhere around .300. That is pretty much impossible with a stock cylinder. The only way to make a blaster a 240 is to spend the money for the sleeve or the cylinder.

just remember if you put the stoker in it you have to lift the jug to match to so if you go with a 4mm stoke you need a 4mm base plate to keep the motor in time so if you change the rod stoke you change the timing the way you time a 2 stoke is to lift or lower the jug witch changes the port hight and i found a place called LA SLEVE in calif.where i got my piston i got a telfon wisco for mine it is a 72.44 with rings witch is a 325cc for 190.00 and the risk pin baring was like 15.00 just bore it clean you get all your power from your stoke your port work deck highth and your carb and pipe and always remember the cheapest way to go fast is to gear your bike you spend all the money you want if you dont gear your bike right your wasting your money