bogging under acceleration

jones2014

Apr 18, 2014
2004 blaster. Tors delete, wires twisted and vito's carb cap. Parking break wires cUT and left separately taped. V- force 4 reeds. K& n with outer wear, fmf fatty gold and power core 2 silencer, oil injection block off kit, complete engine rebuild, stock size wiseco piston, stock carburetor, 260 main jet. 32.5 pilot jet, air fuel screw 1 1/2 turns out. Needle clip up one from middle. Starts and idles fine, but bogs down then clears up and Boggs again. Worse with choke out, it will die. Smokes pretty bad.plug looked wet. Please help me understand the problem

what are you premixing at?
what plug?
floats in carb maybe getting stuck?
or you got a leaky crankseal......does it smell like tranny fluid?..stinky out the exhaust

Smoking bad leads me to believe you have a bad crank seal on trans side. Can you check tranny fluid quick and report back? Does the smoke smell bad? You should perform a leak test. Did you do one after rebuild?

Also have you checked the float height and that it is correct? Is carb clean?

what are you premixing at?
what plug?
floats in carb maybe getting stuck?
or you got a leaky crankseal......does it smell like tranny fluid?..stinky out the exhaust
32:1 fuel ratio ngkr spark plug. Carb has been apart several times. Not overflowing either. It does have a 'different" smell from the exhaust. But it was just switched to pre mix soo I don't know if it should smell different. There's a lot of smoke. From the header mount on the engine also

Smoking bad leads me to believe you have a bad crank seal on trans side. Can you check tranny fluid quick and report back? Does the smoke smell bad? You should perform a leak test. Did you do one after rebuild?

Also have you checked the float height and that it is correct? Is carb clean?
Carb is clean, float height is 21mm. What would I check for on the tranny fluid? No leak down was performed.

compression test?
when i went from oil injection to premixing it did smoke more.
either your carb needs adjusting/or you have a airleak/slash leaky crank seal
leak test/compression test ngk br8es/b8es

I've tried to adjust the air fuel screw. It still seems to be bogging down under acceleration. And the idle hangs for a few seconds when you let off

Thank you. Air box lid is off. Could this be causing the stumble/ bog also? And why would the plug be wet

if anything it would make it lean and rev uncontrolably.

it is stumbling cuz of these reason's
afr is incorrect
low compression
carb is effin up
you have a airleak

do it fully rev fine sitting still?

if anything it would make it lean and rev uncontrolably.

it is stumbling cuz of these reason's
afr is incorrect
low compression
carb is effin up
you have a airleak

do it fully rev fine sitting still?
It revs fine without bogging in nuetral

A leak tester will diagnose leaks!
We had an air leak at the tors delete kit, the rubber boot that seals where the throttle cable comes in. Could you give me a good idea on what jets to use. And i know we need a plug chop but its a fresh engine and we want to get it right before we take it out to confirm and adjust.We seem to have it close with middle needle clip position. 35 pilot and 260 main. 1 1/2 out airscrew.

No need to change pilot jet to 35, unless compensating for an airleak, did you leak test yet as recommended?