Blaster trail ride in Utah Mountains - Strawberry Peak

creed82

Oct 28, 2011
Springville, Utah
www.youtube.com
The past weekend my buddy Shawn and I took a ride up from the end of Hobble Creek Canyon, left fork, up trail 132, then onto trail 135, to the top of Strawberry Peak. It was a gorgeous ride, and very challenging at times with lots of rocks/climbs. We made it to the top! If you look closely and know what you're looking for, in the different photos you can identify Mt Nebo, Mt Timpanogos, and Strawberry Reservoir. The Blaster did awesome, but it was running very rich by the time we got to the top - even with the lid off. Still running factory jetting, here at 9700 ft! Started at 7am, got back to the rig by 11:30am.
iqzkhs.jpg

11joxua.jpg

epp4du.jpg

awesome pics bro !
keep 'em comin

Bet that was an awesome ride. How did the Blaster do on gas, I didn't notice an extra can on the grab bar....

Thanks guys! The blaster does well on gas, I think...? When I rode down at Little Sahara I burned through 3/4 tank in about 4.5 hours riding hard in the dunes. On this Strawberry Peak ride I burned half a tank during the whole ride, but riding the trails in the mountains and crawling over rocks I was running lower throttle. I definitely could have gone on for a few more hours. I have noticed on the county ATV trail maps there are TONS more trails I can take that were branches off this trail and take me all different directions. Just wish I had more time to do it - I try not to let this take me away from my family obligations too much. Someday my boys will be old enough to join me then it WILL be family time!

Hey, hit me up sometime, I love riding up in the hills. I usually end up riding up in the Uintas but I know there are trails up where you were riding, just never made it up there. I wanna go up there now. Maybe next season Ill get up in there.