Blaster or Warrior. Cant decide need more oppinions.

Cmh156

Feb 18, 2009
Austintown,OHIO.
Alright so some of you may know im in the market for a quad after parting out my 2001 blasty..

Well i was pretty set on a warrior here are the details and downfalls.

1989 Warrior DON'T LET THE YEAR FOOL YOU. this bike has a new motor
New Crank, Piston,Valves,Carrier Bearings, Has the Big Bore Kit
Lonestar Carrier - Many other new parts
Very Fast and has been clocked at over 75 mph
Beadlock Rims
Tires are in great shape
Have all receipts from work done at a professional shop.

She said the plastics are beat up,front tires need replaced,back brake doesnt work and its just pretty beat up and old.

HERES

the blasters.

2003 YAMAHA BLASTER,built for racing,248 Bore Kit,Extended swing arm,DuraBlue Heavy Duty Rear Axle,FMF exhaust....Drive Sprocket Seal drips oil but not bad.

Also blaster pics.

http://images.craigslist.org/3m33pb3odZZZZZZZZZ94dbea1a021ccb71885.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3n93kf3o8ZZZZZZZZZ94dc61c7ed33a631d0a.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3m73pc3o6ZZZZZZZZZ94d2cb4c7dd05511345.jpg
http://images.craigslist.org/3k53oe3l9ZZZZZZZZZ94d8a1c4b55fdf01051.jpg

Pitfalls with it,little pricey,and no back brakes and the oil drip,but that shouldnt be much.

I offerd the guy a price without the tires,and rims and seat as i got my own right now.

Im just at a crossroad and have no clue what to do.

Darkside or Fastside.

You get some rep if you give good reasons.

Also she WONT give me pics of the warrior.

have you seen the warrior and the pics of the blaster look like bad pictures which could indicate that they're could be something wrong but also it could be a bad camera. for one the warrior if you do not see it i would not buy it i would never do that myself but will you be racing the blaster or trail and pit riding on it? or warrior. if you were on the trails i would recommend the warrior but if you were racing i would recommend the blaster but at 16 years old you have to race schoolboy unlimited or open a,b, or c so i think the warrior would be the way to go

Reactions: Cmh156
seems a lil shady on the warrior... BUT id say check them both out.. they both have there ups and downs... the elec start on warrior with revers is nice, very very torquey motors, same size as a banshee, there heavyer though but not really all to bad, parts are cheap enough and anywhere,
blaster.. well its two stroke so if it blows it its easyer to fix, since there are what? 17? moving parts in the motor, parts are also cheap, and anywhere, light, suspension sucks,..

like i said check them both out, and go with which ever you feel comfortable on, sittin and riding, and allways try to talk them down on there price,

The pics are bad cause they got small here is the link for the blaster and warrior.

GREAT ATV & GOOD PRICE !!!!!!!!!

^^ WARRIOR ^^

2003 Yamaha BLASTER quad

^^ BLASTER ^^

I ride trails but the blaster was fine for me when doing that. The warrior is owned by a lady who must not know anything about qauds cause a warrior cant go 75 mph... But the blaster is owned by a 35 year old vetran rider. Although id like something to mess around with at my friends track.

I'd go with the blaster.Warriors are heavier than blasters and even with the big bore kit a stock 400ex is just about the same speed or a little faster.Just make sure on the blaster that there isn't really a small crack near the front sprocket from the chain jumping off.

warrior...youll love the torque, the suspension is better then a blasters, and it has electric start and reverse..

so if your a trail rider i woul hands down get the warrior if its legit

seems a lil shady on the warrior... BUT id say check them both out.. they both have there ups and downs... the elec start on warrior with revers is nice, very very torquey motors, same size as a banshee, there heavyer though but not really all to bad, parts are cheap enough and anywhere,
blaster.. well its two stroke so if it blows it its easyer to fix, since there are what? 17? moving parts in the motor, parts are also cheap, and anywhere, light, suspension sucks,..

like i said check them both out, and go with which ever you feel comfortable on, sittin and riding, and allways try to talk them down on there price,

It felt like heaven on my blaster even with stock suspension. But my friends warrior felt okay not the best,i prefered the blaster more. I also hate electric starts,165 for a strarter vs most of the time 5 for a spring. And to see the warrior i gotta have my friend take me 60 miles and his truck gets 11 mpg so if i dont like it thats money wasted. But the blaster is about 15-20 miles away. And the warrior from the sounds of it has been wrecked a few times which i dont want.

I think i should go for the blaster,i mean i got a spare bottom end and all the parts that havent sold yet.

the warrior deal sounds like your gunna get there and theres not gunna be a warrior there and 5 guys are gunna jump out of the bushes and beat the sh*t out of you and your friend and take everything you have. but thats just me thinking

ya go the blaster that warrior just sounds shady and a little better for your wallet the warrior will make your wallet just that much lighter. and iv been told that to rebuild a 4 stroke 1 time you can rebuild a 2 stroke 3 times.

Definately get the blaster. If its actually 248cc then you'll love the added power. The blaster looks like its in good shape and since its an '03 you'll have the nice hydro brakes.

Definately get the blaster. If its actually 248cc then you'll love the added power. The blaster looks like its in good shape and since its an '03 you'll have the nice hydro brakes.

Ohh i am. But it has no rear brakes and he had cable brakes on the rear so ill buy some hydros one day.