Blaster not running at full power

stayblazin

May 21, 2008
Hi ihave an 04 blaster w/ toomey b1 pipe kit,boyseens reeds,k & n air filter, carb is jetted with a main 310 jet, its bored over .10 and oil injection block off. My problem is it's doesnt feel like its running right like it does not feel like its running at full power at all. like almost ever gear is weak. What do u think the problem is and how can i fix it?

did ya pull ur plug? run up ur road wide open pull in the clutch hit the kill switch and pull the plug should be a tanish like brown white is lean black is rich

jetting does not have to do 100% with the pipe or air filter. It also depends on what elevation your at and what type of gas your running.

yea just do like i said it should be a nice brownish... u prolly need like a 290 or so cause i know toomeys run fat..

I also have an '04 with Oil injection block off kit and similar problem. Replaced spark plug and air filter, quad will not start without partial throttle and will not rev up even with throttle pushed all the way in, but does blow thick smoke out exhaust at full throttle. Any suggestions?

I also have an '04 with Oil injection block off kit and similar problem. Replaced spark plug and air filter, quad will not start without partial throttle and will not rev up even with throttle pushed all the way in, but does blow thick smoke out exhaust at full throttle. Any suggestions?

you may have blown cran seals. what color is the smoke? It may not be starting w/ out gas because its running to lean. Check that out.

The smoke is sort of a whitish-blue color..fuel mix is at a 32:1..possible 30:1..does anyone have a wiring diagram for this bike? When I did some investigating earlier I found that when I cut out the wires for the oil tank and the brake light (that didnt even exist when I got it...and figured since the oil injection system was disbaled might as well remove wiring to), I also accidentally chopped the black wire going to the T.O.R.S. (how do you disable that anyway?) and the black wire going to the ignition coil.

The smoke is sort of a whitish-blue color..fuel mix is at a 32:1..possible 30:1..does anyone have a wiring diagram for this bike? When I did some investigating earlier I found that when I cut out the wires for the oil tank and the brake light (that didnt even exist when I got it...and figured since the oil injection system was disbaled might as well remove wiring to), I also accidentally chopped the black wire going to the T.O.R.S. (how do you disable that anyway?) and the black wire going to the ignition coil.
ahh thats your problem.... if you snipped the tors wire that F's it up bc the throttle over-ride system is for electronicly open the throttle..... you will have to either solder the wire back or buy the tors elimination kit

I read thru the DIY and from what I see all I need to do is unplug TORS and jumper at throttle housing..is this correct? I wonder if its something other than the TORS tho cause when I get hard in the throttle the smoke gets alittle thicker and I think I can see fuel coming out of where the exhaust pipe meets the 2bolt flange on the motor.