Blaster Kart teaser pics

Oh so you are going to have some sort of linkage set up by the gear selector on the engine.
about the suspension, a racing kart doesn't need any suspension as it racing on smooth pavement. an off road kart should have some suspension to help take the stress off the frame which will cause cracks and other problems.

Thats true if you jump ditches and stumps with it, but it will be ridden in a grassy yard, graded dirt road, or on the highway if I can get away with it. I wont be launching it over speed bumps, or stressing it much beyond the occasional burnout of quick blast up the road. Chances are it will never see top speed because I will chicken out anyways. We shall see...

Frame will be fine...My 85 moto 4 neva had suspension.Yes i had to weld the frame a few times after geting 10 feet of air with it...btw that hurts but i continued to do it anyway...Nice rig you got tho i thougth about doing that myself.

Frame will be fine...My 85 moto 4 neva had suspension.Yes i had to weld the frame a few times after geting 10 feet of air with it...btw that hurts but i continued to do it anyway...Nice rig you got tho i thougth about doing that myself.

haha i have a '85 moto 4 too i beats me up, then back down to ground but it's one hell of a mudder, i haven't broke the frame but my foot peg was bending then now it's rachet straped on there now

haha i have a '85 moto 4 too i beats me up, then back down to ground but it's one hell of a mudder, i haven't broke the frame but my foot peg was bending then now it's rachet straped on there now

oh give it some time...The frame will brake right out front of the motor, You need to put a gusset where the frame v's of toward the front.

pretty sick man, but why didn't you just leave the pipe mounted relative to the motor like it is on a blaster? you'd have to probably put a 90 degree bend in the silencer, but that wouldn't be too bad.

any idea about top speed?

I rerouted the pipe because I thought it would provide more kicker room, and the silencer would have been in the way as well. Looking at it now, it may have been easier to just leave the pipe stock and figure something out with the silencer. No biggy, I'll work it out somehow. I dont know on top speed. I was guessing stock Blaster speed which is what, 50-55MPH or so? Its got 13/40 gearing and Warrior wheels/tires, so I think they are 20s. Is that stock height for a blaster? Anywho, I figure it will be pretty damn scary, and I may not ever see the top of 6th.

it you don't, just give it to me for a day and i will let you know the top speed and anything else you want to know like how it holds up at top speed, how well it turns at top speed and how well it holds up in a roll over at top speed.

i would set up an electric fan get a cheap one from junkyard keep engine nice and cool also if you make a twin use the shocks of the blaster to get a smooth ride could even use swingarm to make it really good offroad but nice job dont mean to say things to improve i mean really really nice job mine would prob turn out weird lol

Thanks, I appreciate the comments. Progress has been slow due to the holidays, but I did get the Banshee caliper mounted. Slowly but surely it is coming together.

Ok, small update. I planned on driving the kart this weekend, but I ran out of gas for the MIG and could not complete the last couple welds on the brake, exhaust, and frame braces.

I have pretty much everything else done. I just need to put the top end on the motor, finish the caliper mounts, weld up the exhaust and wire it. Anyhow, I may end up doing the motor tomorrow and firing it up anyways.

Here are the latest pics:

100_1261.jpg

100_1260.jpg

100_1259.jpg

100_1258.jpg