blaster is acting up

mrw105

Apr 4, 2008
Marietta PA
hey guys. im currently working on my friends 97 blaster. ive had to fix it before for him but this time im out of ideas. the first time i had it i had installed new reeds, and cleaned and rejetted the carb. it ran great but needed a throttle cable. so he went out and installed it himself and it would barely start let alone stay running (i figured he didnt adjust the cable right) and he left it sit for about 6 months.

now its in my garage and im trying to get it running. i adjusted the throttle cable correctly before i started anything else. after about 30 kicks it started, idle on choke, take it off choke, idles for 5 seconds and dies. i go to ride it n i get in 2nd gear and it just dies and wont start period. i replaced the spark plug cuz it fouled out and still nothing. thinking it has low compression i tore the head and motor off only to find loose piston rings, everything else checked out good. my question is, should i go back into the carb and mess around with that again, or check for spark? i mean i did have it running for like 2 minutes then it just died and will not start again. also, should i replace the loose piston rings with new? or just leave them in there?

If it was running check ur TORS and carb is it still tore down?? Check piston to wall clearance?? Do a comp test thheres several thngs that need checking to narrow it down

your not giving us much to go on, year, mods, compression, jetting ect.

click the link at the bottom of my sig for more troubleshooting and maintenece