blaster high compression head how much is to much

99blasterzach

Sep 21, 2015
how much can you mill off your blaster head with out running into probulmes. Guys got a blaster head that was milled .050 off for sale for 25 bucks with a flywheel puller.

"Used high compression cylinder head for Yamaha blaster. I had .050 milled off. Works well. Lot more power. Must use premium gas. Sold machine. Also flywheel puller used a couple times.
$25"

thats from the add seems like a good deal if it will work good i dont have a blaster rn but i would pick it up becasue its cheap.
blaster head.jpg
blaster head 2.jpg

That head can still be corrected. It still retains most of the stock head's combustion chamber shape, which will do nothing but promote ping and detonation. I'm just saying to be careful. It does look like a lot of work went into it.

I've done a lot of experimenting with this and a stock head milled is not a very good thing. It will need to be re-chambered. There is a ton of material in the head, so it can be re-cut multiple times.

That head can still be corrected. It still retains most of the stock head's combustion chamber shape, which will do nothing but promote ping and detonation. I'm just saying to be careful. It does look like a lot of work went into it.

I've done a lot of experimenting with this and a stock head milled is not a very good thing. It will need to be re-chambered. There is a ton of material in the head, so it can be re-cut multiple times.
so what your saying its just a waste of money the only way its gonna help is if you re chamber the dome?

Why? He's not trying to sell it.

You don't want a head that's just milled off. Get a stock head, and have it properly re-chambered.

Man I must have been half asleep. lol. 2:45am it was posted. :eek:

Looks like a nice mill job but the camber hasn't be adjusted. joeak47 and KOR are the people you want to chat to about re-cambered heads. KOR did mine and he is super fast and high quality if you haven't got the tools yourself.

Here is my head with full re-camber.
Head%20Before%20amp%20After_zpsborvxein.jpg

how much can you mill off your blaster head with out running into probulmes. Guys got a blaster head that was milled .050 off for sale for 25 bucks with a flywheel puller.

"Used high compression cylinder head for Yamaha blaster. I had .050 milled off. Works well. Lot more power. Must use premium gas. Sold machine. Also flywheel puller used a couple times.
$25"

thats from the add seems like a good deal if it will work good i dont have a blaster rn but i would pick it up becasue its cheap.
View attachment 29610 View attachment 29611

where is the link to this??