Blaster for 450 class?

i'm really hoping that i can give this a try this summer sometime, going to go to a couple practices to watch and then get the blasty out once i get it up and going again....

i own a race ported 240cc big bore blaster with the 3mm stroker crank, custom designed race exhaust, delta v force 3 reeds and cage and 34mm pj model kehin oval slide carb. running 102 octane race fuel.

it's no where near as fast as my trx450er

it's a fast atv, but just can't keep up with the 450 class.
especially when you look at the fact that the 450's that you will race against will be modded.

the trx450er is a super stout atv.

i love the control you have with the lighter yamaha blaster, but i just dont think you will be able to keep up.

ive seen a blaster keep up with 450s it had .040 over wiseco piston fmf gold seris pro circuit pipe vforce3 reeds couple other things most of the reason he could keep up is cause hes a hell of a rider so i think its posable

just buy a 450 its not worth it to put into a blaster because when you want to sell it, you will get nothing for it.......where a 450 will hold the vaule more

are you doing this for hardcore gotta win? if you are i would say get a 450 as well but if your just gonna be a weekend warrior to go out and have fun whos gives a s@#t what you run as long its doing the job u want it to do and think of it this way when u do win u get to make fun of all the other riders cuz they got smoked by the blasty...get a little bit of work done and you could damn sure give em a run for there money....any RIDER can win notice i said RIDER......and if your only rolling the bigger jumps now is that 450 gonna grow your nuts to hit em if not then u would be wasting big money on a 450

Some tracks still have a Blaster 200 class that allows 2-stroke up to 200cc and 4-stroke up to 300cc. That is what my son rides in.

Even so, a good track slows down the mediocre rider. A built Blaster can be competitive against a 450 in MX, simply because most of racing is the rider. If the bike can keep up with a 450 on a straight, then a Blaster can kick ass on the corners. It's acceleration, handling, and riding that wins MX.

hey just do wat you wanna do its your money ether way you will take pride in you $6000 blaster that you built, or love your 5000-8000$ 450.

i have a blaster and i race in the 200-300cc class. but sometimes i race in the 450 class i never win but i do get 4th or 5th. but you need to get a california big bore kit. it makes the blaster to a big 280cc 2 stroke terror. the only quads i have trouble beating are the KTM 450 xc. but nothing compares to those. hope this helps (Y)

On a worn out 20 year old bike? your going to spend just as much making it good for today's racing and still be lagging behind. Todays tracks are built for 4strokes so your always going to be at a disadvantage.

Don't get me wrong... I'm a die hard 2stroker... but for todays standers of racing you really need a 450 4stroke to race.

believe it or not, that "worn out 20 year old bike" has suspension geometry that is the bases of atvs today...

man for the fastest blaster you need to get a yz250 motor to swap in. and put a 285 big bore and a stroker crank in it. then you need to get like all the best, reeds, exhaust, carb anything u can upgrade do it then maybe, just maybe you can hold your own if ur a beast rider

i have a blaster and i race in the 200-300cc class. but sometimes i race in the 450 class i never win but i do get 4th or 5th. but you need to get a california big bore kit. it makes the blaster to a big 280cc 2 stroke terror. the only quads i have trouble beating are the KTM 450 xc. but nothing compares to those. hope this helps (Y)

280cc sure u dont mean 080 over and if it is a 280 u wouldnt be able to ride in the 300 class so i smell bs