Blaster clutch issues

Soilwork7345

Apr 10, 2019
in new to blasters and also new to this forum. I have a 97 blaster that I just put a new clutch in. Now when I start it in gear with the clutch in it wants to jump and creep forward. And when you go to shift from nutura to first it takes a few seconds for the clutch to disengage before it starts to move. Does anyone know how I can fix this issue.

Reactions: Larry's Shee
Did you soak the fibers in oil overnight before assembly?
What kind of oil?
Did you adjust it so pointer lines up on case @ the clutch arm?
Do you have proper slack in the cable @ lever?

There is proper slack in the cable. I'm running 10w-30 for wet clutches and I did line up the pointers

Yes soaked the plates and replaced both friction and steel plates. I figured it out. I had the friction disks in the wrong order. Its working now. But since I adjusted it there feels like there is no power and if I barely touch the clutch lever it wants to engage. In my adjustment wrong mind you it is a brand new clutch

I adjust my clutches so I have a good 1/4 of movement at end of lever before I get resistance
That's so that if I'm in tight stuff with my hand on lever I'm not likely to be slipping it.

I adjust my clutches so I have a good 1/4 of movement at end of lever before I get resistance
That's so that if I'm in tight stuff with my hand on lever I'm not likely to be slipping it.
Do I adjust the clutch rod or the cable. So I have ore play in the handle