Banshee or YZF450

b_russell_82

May 7, 2008
Kentucky
which would you choose and why.. in the near future I'm going to buy myself a bigger quad and let my wife take over the Blaster. We are going to be doing mostly trial riding and just having fun on the farm. No racing or anything like that. I'm leaning more to the YFZ450 b/c I've heard they have way better suspension then the Banshee. BUT i've heard the fun factor of a Banshee is unreal so I don't know.

Last edited:
if u are going trail then go yfz because the banshees do better in wide open, not in trails

yfz450 they are way more fun to drive.. more reliable.. 4 stroke

curious, why you on these forums when your saying 4 strokes are better than 2 strokes? and i hope you arent wanting to beat blasters on that because blasters rip that thing apart.

and like B14573r said, if you doing trails then the yfz would be better but if you want to be riding dunes and sh*t then get the banshee. plus its way faster.

but wat i dont understand is that blaster, banshee, yfz, raptors and sh*t are all yamaha dont bash them jus because they are not 2 stroke i could see if it was another make of quads but its still yamaha try to atleast keep it in the family lol

You would have to perform way less maintenance on the yfz due to it being a 4-stroke..I would go towards the yfz overall though

well in expiereince i had a 06 yfz 450 all stock just put a gytr exhasust
jets, k filter and have me tons of more power and could take banshee
in the trail and flats , and did the com mod and ripd tons of banshees
but the suspension is great on the yfz in my opinion

yeah for trails yfz all the way mostly in the case of suspension and torque, but if you want to turn heads when u ride by, get the banshee lol

yeah, yfz for the trails.

blaster beatin a yfz? was the yfz stock with a crappy rider and did the blaster have a 6mm stroker, ported, piped, etc? thats about the only way i'm seein it happening lol. i've ridden a yfz that is a retired race quad, you hammer it in any gear and it scares the crap out of me even though its spinnin the tires. yeah in 5th gear you hammer it and it brakes them loose like nothin else. but i've ridden with one with just a slipon, and let me tell ya, if he didn't want me to keep up, i wasn't going to.