banshee axle?

hey since you already made this a thread might as well ask ..is this a direct bolt on? my nimrod friend "cant figure out" how to use the forum so im asking for him lol..he bid on a axle and won but i thought you needed a banshee carrier too?

hey since you already made this a thread might as well ask ..is this a direct bolt on? my nimrod friend "cant figure out" how to use the forum so im asking for him lol..he bid on a axle and won but i thought you needed a banshee carrier too?

Nope,all you need is the banshee rear brake hub,the part that holds the rotor to the axle and the shee axle will slide right in.Easy Peasey

Nope,all you need is the banshee rear brake hub,the part that holds the rotor to the axle and the shee axle will slide right in.Easy Peasey

wait a sec. i was told all i needed was the axle and it would fit right it. your telling me i need the rear brake hub too? would this also mean i would need a new brake setup? or will the blaster rear brake system work with it? and the rear brake hub is the thing with the brake disc?

ok.. ill take care of this in one post...

makes it wider so mre stable...

you can do it with out a banshee hub BUT you will never get the axle fully tight ( trust me i tryed and ran it that way for a few weeks) just tightend before every ride, so there for to do it right you need the banshee break hub,

you can you your blaster brakes BUT....

the blaster brake hub is a floater which means it moves back and forth to alow the brakes to work .. only one pad moves so the rotor slides over so it makes contact with both pads... banshee is a fixed rotor it dont move since both pads on the banshee brakes push out together..

if you search the forum you will find alot of into on using the shee axle with blaster breakes..... someone did it and you make the calaper a floater so the calaper moves to make contact with both pads....

and the correct width is 3.5 total so 1.75 wider per side

wait a sec. i was told all i needed was the axle and it would fit right it. your telling me i need the rear brake hub too? would this also mean i would need a new brake setup? or will the blaster rear brake system work with it? and the rear brake hub is the thing with the brake disc?

It only fits directly in if you have an 03-06.Otherwise on an 88-02 you need the brake hub.Also do a search on unstock240,he did the stock caliper mod with the shee axle,just used longer bolts and made the caliper slide.Great improvement for the money.

It only fits directly in if you have an 03-06.Otherwise on an 88-02 you need the brake hub.Also do a search on unstock240,he did the stock caliper mod with the shee axle,just used longer bolts and made the caliper slide.Great improvement for the money.

i have an 05. so would everything fit alright without the shee brake hub? or do i still need it?

if i get the axle. would i need to get front wheel spacers to even out the width?
i heard it would be hard on my steering.
what type of wheel spacers are recommended? the name of brand would also be nice