Axle and hub coating

Jul 5, 2007
england
Does anyone know what the oem finish is on the axle and hubs? Are they anodised or just machine finished?

I’ve seen good results on the front hubs on a banshee being vapour blasted, but have no idea about the rear hubs and axle on a blaster.

I've seen good results progressive sanding axles followed by clear coat to preserve the finish. The hubs, I might get PCed or get a new set of Banshee spec rear hubs which will bolt up and allow the use of 9" rims which opens up lots of better tire options.

I've seen good results progressive sanding axles followed by clear coat to preserve the finish. The hubs, I might get PCed or get a new set of Banshee spec rear hubs which will bolt up and allow the use of 9" rims which opens up lots of better tire options.
Thanks, I’ve heard of people sanding their axles, just didn’t know what the factory coating was or if it was just left bear metal once machined. I’m going for a completely oem build so don’t need to worry about other wheels. This is a restoration to out of the factory condition

Reactions: RIDE-RED350r
Ah gotcha.

Most axles for most all machines I can recall from back in those days had a sort of zinc coated look to them like the hardware

Reactions: Blaster_boy200