Axle Disc brake issue? clip missing? Also a cover I would like to paint issue. HELP!

riderz_613

May 21, 2009
Ontario Canada
Hey Gang.. Can you check out the pictures I have attached.

First one is.. I am missing my brakes on the back working on getting it back to shape and back on.. Look close at the pic why is my disc just slipped on? is there is clip to hold the disc brake on I am missing?

Second pics is a engine cover.. its Red.. I want to change that soon... Can I take it off without loosing fluid or needing a new gasket?

HELP Someone?

Attachments

• Brakedicsissue.jpg
    Brakedicsissue.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 176
  • redcover2.jpg
    redcover2.jpg
    48.1 KB · Views: 143
Re: Axle Disc brake issue? clip missing? Also a cover I would like to paint issue. HE

BUMP! No one has any suggestions? Common guys take a second and help me.. I need to get rear brakes on before I kill myself on this blasty :(
HELP>

Re: Axle Disc brake issue? clip missing? Also a cover I would like to paint issue. HE

looks like your missing the rubber that goes on both sides of it.your disc should have some play to wear the pads evenly.get the caliper and rubber you should be good.looks normal to me.as for that red part you can take that off without losing any fluid.you should do the oil block off kit if you dont already have it.its pretty simple to do.

f u send me that cover ill make you a polished cover for half price

The only thing that will hold the rotor on is the caliper. Please replace the rubber boots on each side though.

blasterfreek30-- kk.. I might do that I think so you knock 50% off the cover for me for my OEM one?
because I know I am going with yours.. I actually did not see your billet post till after I posted this.

pittboss45- Thanks! Yeah there is a rubber on the inside connected to it just not the outside one! Thanks I remember when restoring the 200X there is a clip on the outside of it.. but I did not see a spot to use one so thats why I got stumped.

jeepinncreepin- Thanks for the info your a great help as well now question for you I was told my bike has the injectors blocked off?? I am mixing gas.. the oil unit in the back is not there and removed.
So? How can I tell if I got this kit?

Thanks guys! I was hoping someone would reply! GREAT HELP.
Thanks for the awsome info

Now trick is to find a yamaha dealer to get the seals I think the closet 1 is like 2 hours away.. but I will get to the brakes soon anyways I owe members $$$ first!

if the oil jugs not there its removed then.theres a nipple on the right side of the carb make sure its blocked off.

Yeah no oil tank, and it looks like there is a house coming from the side with a screw in it?
sound like what your talking about?

kk cool beans :) Well then I have no worries
Next issue is getting the fuel right... I was told 40:1... I was stupid.. I had a 2 gallon can of gas.. which was 97 octane... highest I could get.. and I was told to put 198 ML of oil in it.. well I was told to add a bit more to make sure its enough.. Bad idea runs like sh*t now.

any quick help on how much oil to a 2 gallon gas can? to mix for my blasty? (My first two stroke I owned).

kk cool beans :) Well then I have no worries
Next issue is getting the fuel right... I was told 40:1... I was stupid.. I had a 2 gallon can of gas.. which was 97 octane... highest I could get.. and I was told to put 198 ML of oil in it.. well I was told to add a bit more to make sure its enough.. Bad idea runs like sh*t now.

any quick help on how much oil to a 2 gallon gas can? to mix for my blasty? (My first two stroke I owned).

if you're mixing gas then you should get the ratio rite cup, ive got one and it is the sh*t! paid like 5 bucks for mine from the powersports place nearby.

Yeah? I will go look into that see if they have something like that at my powersports dealer! Never thought of that!
thanks!

Thanks..
Sorry with Math I am STUPID.. I will admit it.. and I dont trust myself when I work it out anyways..

So I would assume 3OZ to 1 Gallon would be 30:1.. and 3 1/2 OZ to 1 Gallon would be 35:1?

I think I might have it! lol

And just a heads up
using AMSOIL HP Injector synthetic.. the guy was running it and told me to use it and run 40:1 sound right?